Pro-logic quick release with landing nets

Status
Not open for further replies.

friedcookie

Hi Folks

Does anyone use the pro-logic quick release connectors with their landing net?

Andy

hemphead2

hemphead2
Personally i wouldn't risk it,they can fail , especially if you dont spray them wit wd40 every now and then.

Best used with keepnets,pole socks etc

mayham

I use one of the pro-logic landing nets and never had a problem with them coming off or lose and had large bream and tench out using it.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by friedcookie
Does anyone use the pro-logic quick release connectors with their landing net?

Yep[:D]
Used one since I got 'em (September last year) - not had any problems
Had carp to probably 8lb in them so they've had a reasonable test.

Simon

Team Man

Yes, I use one of the medium sized one on my landing net, and I find them very good, as there was 3 in a pack I gave one to my fishing mate and he uses it in his landing net and thinks it's brilliant.

I did mine all over with Vaseline when I first got them, I believe there are some copies on the market that I wouldn't trust, but the Engineering and Machining on the genuine ones is second to none

groundhog

Life Survivor
Originally posted by hemphead2

Personally i wouldn't risk it,they can fail , especially if you dont spray them wit wd40 every now and then.

[:)] In what way can they fail[?] hemphead 2 mate, the only one,s I have seen fail are the cheapo immitations, and Nick Palmer the designer/inventor of the prologic connectors (Real Ideas)on this forum advertises that they will not pull or twist out, so I'm fairley sure that if one of his genuine products are failing in any way,he'd want to know about it.[:T]

Simple

Sikea
I have used a medium one on my landing net for years and never had a problem. Carp to 17lb. I change them once a year.
Currently using the light blue-ish ones and they are superb.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by hemphead2

Been using the medium ones on my landing nets for at least 2 years with no problems at all. The only ones that i've seen fail are cheap copies, not the genuine article.[:T]

hemphead2

hemphead2
It was genuine and it failed.My keepnet ended up in the drink.

On further inspection the 'ball bearings ' had all come out.

Just one of those things,my fault for not lubricating it.

I haven't had any problems since though.

but still wouldn't use them for landing nets as it doesn't take a second to screw a landing net on a handle.

Last edited:

Simple

Sikea
Hemphead mentions lubrication. I once sprayed mine with WD40 and it seem to nacker them up quicker. Dirt and dust out of my carryall got stuck inside the female part and the ball bearings got stuck and would not lock round the male part.
I have not lubed any of mine since and they have been sound.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Never needed to lube mine either.[;)]

Team Man

I would say don't use WD40, it's not a long term lubricating agent, it's alright to free things up and to get things working, it's a searching agent and does tend to dry out.

big stoo

hello
i used them on my landing net for about two years till it died, been meaning to get new ones since then

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Been using them on my keepnets for years, but although Im sure they wouldnt fail me on a landing net, Im a clumsy sod, and I dont want to risk me catching the collar on a keepnet head or something and it pinging open[:eek:)]

I know a few who do use them on landing nets, and they ve never had a problem.

Especially the carpers, who tend to land the fish in a huge net, then immediately take the net off to place the fish on a mat. Makes it easier for them.[:T]

dany0153

I dont understand why you would need to use on a landing net?It only takes a few seconds to put a landing net on the thread, great product for pole socks and keepnets as said by other folk in the forum.

bloomer

fishing monster
i have them on the two new shiney keepnets i got on saturday and they are very handy, i will certainly be trying one out on my landing net as the handle gets in the way when unhooking etc.

of course that will have to wait till i actually go fishing again!!!

pole addict

Originally posted by dany0153

I dont understand why you would need to use on a landing net?It only takes a few seconds to put a landing net on the thread, great product for pole socks and keepnets as said by other folk in the forum.

I have a bit of an awkward thread on my net handle. I use the connectors to save knackering the handle and the thread on the net too. Never had a problem with them failing

Status
Not open for further replies.