pro angling arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.

will

I am about to write to a local paper about our council's(Bedford) plan to introduce a charge for fishing from their riverbanks. At present all the council's river fishing is free but lakes etc have day tickets.
My aim is to inform local anglers and encourage them to write to the powers that be.
Has anyone any useful arguments that I may use to justify free fishing and angling in general. I'm sure that there will be some 'PISCES' nutcases either on the Council or waiting to send a letter of reply to the paper.
I obviously have ideas of my own but any help would be useful.
Will Hunt

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Hi Will and Welcome,

You already pay for the water through the Water Rates levied by your area Water Board.This to provide Domestic Water.
Then for Fishing, You pay an EA rod licence.
This 3rd cost will be inefficient in the cost of collection, monitoring, bailiffing etc, and the administration will more than likely exceed the income and drive youngsters and existing fishermen away from a healthy outdoor pursuit.
Is this the Councils real intention? As ,with all due respect to the waters they control in Bedford, There cannot be enough Anglers, to provide enough income to cover the collection costs, unless these are prohibitively high.

Perhaps with the relaxation of the Cannabis laws announced yesterday, they think people would rather sit at home and smoke!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Polepot

Poles
Will,

Fistly welcome to MD's

Being from Flitwick I am keen to offer my help. Where did you get this information from as I am sorry I missed it?

I must say I icon_smile_dissapprove.gif will the intention and will certainly write to the appropriate parties.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

dave k

Hi Will
if you want some help i can recomend the SAA.
they have a lot of experience in dealing with anti-anglers, and have the knowledge to put a pro-angling argument across inteligently.
you can contact them via emal at info@saauk.org

Dave Kennedy
http://usscangling.cjb.net

Status
Not open for further replies.