Prince Albert

Status
Not open for further replies.

johng19

me@home.com
Just got my invite to join, just need to confirm that i still wish to join. Are there many on here in the Prince Albert.[:D]

Col7777

I'm not a member but I was talking to a man who said he was, he was saying they ask you to do a work party and if you don't attend then you can't fish any of the waters for a certain period.

This may not be true I'm just going off what he said, that was why he was on a water that I was fishing, he had not been on a work party so he was expelled for a time.

kcon123

Originally posted by Col7777

I'm not a member but I was talking to a man who said he was, he was saying they ask you to do a work party and if you don't attend then you can't fish any of the waters for a certain period.

This may not be true I'm just going off what he said, that was why he was on a water that I was fishing, he had not been on a work party so he was expelled for a time.

I'm a member. I think it's when they aquire a new water when it's opened only people who do work parties are allowed to fish them for a certain amount of time.

nelson66

are prince albert charging you for the full year but only giving you 4 months fishing? or have they reduced the price of the ticket?

johng19

me@home.com
Nelson66 no mate it dont gain membership till November 2010 or april 2011 its up to me what date. Little roach not that shure but 4 or 5 years. It says on the website theres over 2000 on the waiting list

Last edited:

Thymallus

Ant
It's only new waters that you can't fish for the first year if you haven't done a work party, don't worry there's another 240 odd to go at.

angel

Site Supporter
If you live near some of their waters or don't mind driving they have some very pretty ones and some pretty average ones, don't expect much to interest the specimen carp angler, in fact specimen anything angler really. most of their money appears to go on short lengths of game rivers in out of the way places. Some of their more recent acquisitions you would need the skills of ray mears to carve out and access a swim, if that's your bag. The committee is ALWAYS right, seemingly never to be questioned or criticised and you will be fined suspended or expelled for breaking the rules as seen by the bailiff on the day, some of whom would have been thrown out of the SS for being too right-wing. the members have a forum but hardly ever does an official take any notice of the membership. All requests for change have to be proposed, seconded and discussed at the AGM before the committee throw them out or dismiss them on a point of principle. In my opinion, it is a club run exceptionally well, and efficiently, by the committee, on behalf of the committee and mainly for the inner sanctum of the club, which consists of the committee and their friends. The average Albert angler doesn't get very involved, fishes only a small handful of their waters and thinks the rules are OTT and petty in the main.
Disclaimer....... The above represents purely my opinions and reflects what I have seen and heard as a former member and from other members. I can and probably will now be hung, drawn and quartered, and my body parts fed to the cormorants, in some remote corner of the Albert Empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.