pride of derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Myself and two others have just joined the pride of derby ac, and were wondering if any members could offer advice on which waters and areas offer the best fishing as theres obviously so much water to go at. We're more interested in decent sport rather than size of fish, although both would be a bonus. Also wher am i best off trying for the pike. Again i'm more intersted in numbers rather than size. We fished ully guley on sunday, and had a few bits on the drop, but couldn't get anything better to take from the bottm even though we used groundbait.
Any advice greatly appreciated
Cheers Steve beer-toast1.gif

angler-mark

Hi Steve,
First welcome to the site.

You can fish the Trent & Mersey canal on the Pride Ticket, which is very good even in winter. If you know where Stenson Bubble is, there is a good area opposite the car park. There are Bream, Roach, Chub, Carp and also Perch and eels, bread is good for the Bream, Carp and Chub, I have had some good quality fish from here.
You mentioned that you fished the hully gully, if you go to the back of the gully you will come to the Trent, all along this stretch produces Chub and also some very big Pike and Carp. there is also a stretch called the ironmongers on the ticket, if you don't know where it is let me know and I will tell you.
There is also a lake called Ironbridge on the ticket which is just off the A38 which sometimes fishes well.
Good Luck [:)]

Tight Lines

Mark

Ian C

Hi Steve,

I'm hoping to get the Pride ticket this year too [:)]
Have you visited their website?...

Here

I hope you enjoy the club's waters and maybe we will bump into each other one day? [:D]

Ian C

Status
Not open for further replies.