Pride of Derby - Pike Season - Guest ticket

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Planning on piking here over the winter, and i think with my book i'm allowed to get hold of a guest ticket if i ask the bailiff.

Anyone fancy joining me sometime soon and showing me how it's done?

Will be fishing Ully Gully when the Trent isn't overflowing with rain, it's part of the old Trent course, long and narrow 3 acres and upto about 6' deep, pike up to 25lbs+.

Also Redhouse lake, 22 acres of former gravel pit, 20' deep out in the middle and 2-3' near the margins, rumoured to hold pike in excess of 35lbs with bonus Catfish and even rumoured Sturgeon.

Be nice to go with someone who knows what they're doing and would like a crack at these for a day without paying full membership (y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You wont fail to catch if you take Nicky Dodds with you. He is a right pike magnet this year. I dont think he 'll mind me saying that. He had pike on in six of his matches, we met up for a pole fishing session on our local canal and got hammered with the damn things. I got frustrated, Nicky just took it in his stride .... Just another day at the office for him. I kid you not. 😆😆

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was a Pride member for a few seasons until this year. I'm happy to point you in the direction of some of my favourite pike swims, being that I don't fish them any more :)

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
I was a Pride member for a few seasons until this year. I'm happy to point you in the direction of some of my favourite pike swims, being that I don't fish them any more :)

Are there any in Grimshaws or just mainly Ully and Redhouse? I don't have the premium ticket so the other 2 off limits for at least the next 6 years lol

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'll take this to PM - I don't want to annoy other pikers by putting stuff out in the open (sorry everyone else!)