Prices for fishing commercials in winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
A mate of mine mentioned something to me today and i agreed with him for once [:)]

I like to fish all year round any weather hail or shine ! Now as most of you know the Commercials are like the m25 at tea time in summer but in winter it seems only a few hardy soles hit the banks. I fished a premier fishery today (Bradshaws at Bolton) and there was only 4 anglers fishing but the cost was exactly the same as summer 6,

If i owned a fishery and it was my business i would want to attract fishermen and a couple of ways of doing this in my opinion is cut prices for winter say a couple of or give the angler a stamp on his day ticket and for every 3 times he fished the venue in winter he gets a free one in summer.

Just my thoughts be interseting to hear other guys n gals on md's opinions. [8D]

Datafile2.gif

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Paul Holt

Al,

Policy does tend to vary I find. At Makins the other week I only got charged 2 quid as most of the lakes were frozen over. Also other times I've been in winter and turned up at around 11am they've charged me 3 quid. The right approach I think, as when the fishings hard and the conditions are bad it's nice to have a bit of a financial incentive to fish these places. However some of the other local pools i fish don't lower their prices and it does put me off resulting in me spending a lot of time at Makins this winter. I dont often fish it in the summer though - too busy then!

Paul

TINY

Tiny
I tend to join private clubs with limited membership as then I know I can fish all year round and there isnt much chance of the water getting hammered.There are some clubs who have numerous waters and they only cost about 30.00 quid for a year.Thats only about 6 times to a day ticket water that might only be 1 lake or 1 stretch of river.

Andy....Staffs Angling Supplies

anyexcuse

Same down in S.Wales. Policy varies according to fishery.WhiteSprings I believe cuts prices midweek and I believe Gowerton does the same thing. Port Talbot docks dont cut their prices. Reason being that because of the warm water inlets from the steel works, fishing in the winter is still quite good.Perhaps all commercial fisheries should have a steel works on site.We'd have good fishing all year round then!!!!

Dave@Brynmill&DistrictAC

fishing_mad

al,
I recken you join the fleetwood resivior its hard in winter but you still get the odd one on the pole but in summer its realy good also its only 15 a year and if your not after big ones, go and to farmers parrs fields in fleetwood go to his farm house ask him if you can fish there and theres about 8 ponds some are bream and roach but thres a few tench,crucian and roach ponds

[:)]Fishing Mad[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.