Price on gudgeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe1987

'Darwener'
Hi MD's. I know a fishery owner and i've told him to restock with gudgeon and crucians but I'm not sure what price is normal because he can't remember and the fishery he originally stocked from has closed down! I've found some that are 50 for 100 crucians of 2-4" and 120 for 100 crucians of 4-6". Gudgeon at the fish farm i have found are 70 for 100 of 3" plus. Are these prices good? They seem okay but I need to find one in the northwest where delivery isn't so much unless 100 delivery is ok from ipswich to east lancashire (200miles)?

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Joe,

I can't tell you the prices off-hand but try Carp Vale nr York as they supply coarse fish, and also Ken Ryder at Humberside Fisheries,

Dave

joe1987

'Darwener'
Cheers dave, I'm sure there in yell.com. I'll give em a ring tomorrow.

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

Simon R

Site Supporter
Carpvale have their own website - www.carpvale.com

According to the pricelist (May 2002) gudgeon are 60 for a hundred or 1,000 for 500 and thats fish of 4"-6"

Humberside don't have a website but they'll send you a catalogue if you give them a ring

Tight Lines

Simon R

crusty

quote:According to the pricelist (May 2002) gudgeon are 60 for a hundred or 1,000 for 500 and thats fish of 4"-6"
Whats a six inch gudgeon weigh then?
and how old are they?
Surely a well fed six inch gudgeon must be pushing record weight. Or am I weigh out? (sorry for the pun)

crusty

Cyprinid_boy

Hi Guys,

Well the problem with farmed species such as crucians and gudgeon, whatever the size, is that they rarely exist. Many advertise them but just cannot supply. Buying fish by the number is also a risky busines and usually these will arrive a much different size that you ordered! I would strongly advise a re-think as stocking cricians of that size into any water is destine to be a costly failure. Cricians are tempremental to extreames. As for gudgeon, well they only have a three year life span so if there are failed year classes due to poor spawning conditions you will be stocking every 1.5 years. Have a read of the following as it may help.
http://www.fisheriesmanagement.co.uk/Fish Studies/Marketing_of_coarse_fish.htm
http://www.fisheriesmanagement.co.uk/stocking_fisheries.htm

Mat

www.fisheriesmanagement.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.