Preston Topkits

piscatorial

Can anyone tell me the length of the Preston Topkits both the 2 and 3 piece kits used on their PROTYPE X Range of poles.

I thought they were 2.4m, the same length as used on their RESPONSE Range.

But yesterday I read somewhere that they were actually 2.8m, but now I can't find where I saw it.

ATTICUS FINCH

I have a protype and the kits are long , not sure how long ,I will have a look and measure tomorrow and let you know.

ATTICUS FINCH

Been out and measured up for you and the results are in.
The top three match kits are indeed 2.8mtrs
The power tops are a smidgen longer at 2.85 MTRS
Hope this helps 👍
If you are thinking of buying one I can highly recommend it as it's a really nice bit of kit with a good amount of tops (6) and a cupping kit also a dolly butt .

piscatorial

Been out and measured up for you and the results are in.
The top three match kits are indeed 2.8mtrs
The power tops are a smidgen longer at 2.85 MTRS
Hope this helps 👍
If you are thinking of buying one I can highly recommend it as it's a really nice bit of kit with a good amount of tops (6) and a cupping kit also a dolly butt .
Thanks for that.
I'm in the market for a new pole, I was thinking of the Matrix MTX3 or more likely the MTX2 as I very rarely fish more than 13M.
I did buy a Preston Edge Monster to tide me over and have 3 topkits for it, so I'm looking more now to the Preston PROTYPE X Range as I believe those tops fit the Edge Monster.
That or go with the Matrix and sell the Preston :unsure:

Chrissill

Thanks for that.
I'm in the market for a new pole, I was thinking of the Matrix MTX3 or more likely the MTX2 as I very rarely fish more than 13M.
I did buy a Preston Edge Monster to tide me over and have 3 topkits for it, so I'm looking more now to the Preston PROTYPE X Range as I believe those tops fit the Edge Monster.
That or go with the Matrix and sell the Preston :unsure:
I’m in the same boat, have started pole fishing with the Edge Monster and will be looking to upgrade to the X400 maybe later this year. It would be great if the top kits definitely do fit 👍