Preston superium x70 and margin pole.

DOGDACE

My previous pole was a browning z16L. This was wasted on me. as I had not fished 16m for over 10 years (back issues). I was looking for a pole that was stiff and strong at 14.5m with a good spares package and replacement section not likely to break the bank

In summary believe the hype up to 13m the poles is super light,strong and with amazing tip recovery with no tip bounce At 14.5 still mega stiff and strong but you can feel the weight difference, though it so well balanced you do not notice when fishing . There is no difference in feel with the match or f1 kits but you can tell the difference with a carp top on at longer length. I have not fished at 16m , so cannot comment on this. For the money this is an amazing pole even better with a discount!

The margin pole is very much like the browning margin extreme , light stiff and strong and perfect for short work and most margin fishing . I have a tri cast for snag fishing .

very impressed

Paul.P

So Dogdace, how does the superium compare with the z16 at 14.5m ?. I do think you can get most £1000 + poles at 13m & you wouldn't notice much difference, its only at 14.5 & especially 16m where you can really notice any difference, & a lot of the old fellas i fish with hardly go over topkit + 2 never mind 16m.

DOGDACE

Hi Paul,

I would say as stiff as the z16 at 14.5, I have not weighted the x70 , but I would say marginally heavier. However the pole is noticeably slimmer and the balance is extremely good .