Preston Superium poles

IanG1

Site Supporter
Noticed an influx of second hand poles on various online selling platforms now the much hyped superiums have hit the shops. Anyone waggled one in a pole alley or took the plunge and bought one.

Stanley

If the tackle shops have received them in the 1st delivery then I imagine some if the lads will be collecting this weekend.

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
One of my friends has just bought the X90 and used it yesterday for the first time and is very impressed with it. Will have to have a waggle when I get the chance.

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
Noticed an influx of second hand poles on various online selling platforms now the much hyped superiums have hit the shops. Anyone waggled one in a pole alley or took the plunge and bought one.
I just bought the x90,x carp,and superium margin. X90 and x carp are excellent, not used the margin, but its very light stiff.

Stanley

It is really a privilege to be able to have access to some many top of the range poles. Also gives people on this forum the ability to buy a current pole at a reduced rate. I’m still waiting for my X Carp from my local tackle shop. They just don’t seem to be getting the allocation of the poles that the larger shops have. Luckily it’s winter and I’m in no rush but if it’s not arrived by March I’ll likely cancel it and go with one of the larger on-line stores that have stock.

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
It is really a privilege to be able to have access to some many top of the range poles. Also gives people on this forum the ability to buy a current pole at a reduced rate. I’m still waiting for my X Carp from my local tackle shop. They just don’t seem to be getting the allocation of the poles that the larger shops have. Luckily it’s winter and I’m in no rush but if it’s not arrived by March I’ll likely cancel it and go with one of the larger on-line stores that have stock.
I do believe that some shops have stock if you want one quicker.
I have ordered some extra kits/short 3s and they are not expected until mid Feb.

JLK

I had hold of a superium carp on Tuesday.
Really nice pole to be fair and probably the pole I'd get to replace my original response carp if the need ever came about. I can't really see the point in buying the margin pole as the carp pole will do everything the margin pole could do and is also longer.

For those just after a margin pole I'd probably recommend it for the price if the carp pole is anything to go by.

Stanley

I do believe that some shops have stock if you want one quicker.
I have ordered some extra kits/short 3s and they are not expected until mid Feb.
Maybe that’s what the hold up is as I’ve ordered some extra F1 Top 2’s and also a pair of short no.3’s for fishing shallow/long.

Paul.P

I do wish when these company's release there latest model that they would make sure they have enough supply to meet demand, it seems to be the thing nowadays to get the product out asap to claw some money back & never mind if they can supply the customer with what they want, & Preston are probably the worse at it as well !

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
I had hold of a superium carp on Tuesday.
Really nice pole to be fair and probably the pole I'd get to replace my original response carp if the need ever came about. I can't really see the point in buying the margin pole as the carp pole will do everything the margin pole could do and is also longer.

For those just after a margin pole I'd probably recommend it for the price if the carp pole is anything to go by.

I do wish when these company's release there latest model that they would make sure they have enough supply to meet demand, it seems to be the thing nowadays to get the product out asap to claw some money back & never mind if they can supply the customer with what they want, & Preston are probably the worse at it as well !
Absolutely agree.preston need to step up,they must know the demand for short 3s,short kits,f1 kits is by far greater than the number of poles they are going to sell.i have heard mid Feb is next delivery for the stuff I have on order,but also heard stuff is leaving the warehouse this week.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
Think this thread has made my mind up, was deciding between Superium x70 or Maver 821 (both around the same price with the package I want) but not being able to get Preston short 3s, kits, extensions etc doesn’t fill me with confidence if I broke a section, Maver are very good on spares.
I expected better from Preston given the big fanfare about their new poles with big stocks of the whole range and spares at launch to meet the obvious demand there would be. It seems any company getting their stuff from the Far East is a risk these days.

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
Think this thread has made my mind up, was deciding between Superium x70 or Maver 821 (both around the same price with the package I want) but not being able to get Preston short 3s, kits, extensions etc doesn’t fill me with confidence if I broke a section, Maver are very good on spares.
I expected better from Preston given the big fanfare about their new poles with big stocks of the whole range and spares at launch to meet the obvious demand there would be. It seems any company getting their stuff from the Far East is a risk these days.
Both fantastic poles.
Maver spot on for spares,wheres preston seem to still be struggling to keep up with demand,and have done for along time now,with little signs of improvement.preeton might get it sorted in time,but if spares and availability is key,I say go maver 821.

Stanley

Just taken a call and the 16m X Carp is in-stock so does look like supply is improving. Seems extra Tops and short no.3 are end of February so clearly stock is arriving slowly into the UK. Supply chain is really struggling to keep up with demand.