Preston supera feeder rods

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I have the 12’6 80grams feeder rods, absolutely love these rods for upto 50/60mtrs for roach/skimmers n bream, excellent playing action, and great at casting cage feeders, a bargain at £180.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Glad you like them, never had more than a waggle of one myself (think it was an 11ft which felt nice save for the handle) but I have heard quite often that they are pretty good.

Minno

I use the 12’6 in both 50g and 80g for all my bream, hybrid and roach feeder fishing.

Most of my fishing is medium to long range and these are perfect. Enough backbone to chuck heavy feeders if I need to but soft enough not to bump fish.

Absolutely love them.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I use the 12’6 in both 50g and 80g for all my bream, hybrid and roach feeder fishing.

Most of my fishing is medium to long range and these are perfect. Enough backbone to chuck heavy feeders if I need to but soft enough not to bump fish.

Absolutely love them.
Have you tried the 80gram distance master? That’s an awesome rod aswell, it’s my next step up from the supera, even though they’re rated at the same casting weight, the distance master is that bit beefier,

Minno

If I need to go heavier than an 80g Supera, I’ve got a 4m Distance Master.

Because the blank has such a fast action, it’s easy to cast a long way but it’s surprisingly soft when playing a fish.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
If I need to go heavier than an 80g Supera, I’ve got a 4m Distance Master.

Because the blank has such a fast action, it’s easy to cast a long way but it’s surprisingly soft when playing a fish.
Is that the 100gram one?

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Yes it’s the 100g rod.
I’ve got the 100gram aswell, loverly rod, and I also have the drennan acolyte distance feeder, another loverly rod, we’re spoilt for choice, on affordable quality long range feeder rods.

Feeder77

Can anyone compare the casting power of the supera 12'6 80gr to the distance master 12'6 80gr. How noticeable is the difference?

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Yes,I’ve got both, the distance master has got more power in the middle section, if I need to step up he feeder size, fish further or the wind gets up a bit, I reach for my 80gram distance first, then my 100gram last

Feeder77

I have the supera 12'6 80gr, extremity 620 reel with braid and with a 45gr feeder I cast up to 60m, I guess. I also have an old preston mini plus 11'6, so 1 ft shorter, magnitude 520 reel and mono. With the mini plus for some reason I am able to reach the same distance... So I was wondering what difference a distance master would make for me.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I have the supera 12'6 80gr, extremity 620 reel with braid and with a 45gr feeder I cast up to 60m, I guess. I also have an old preston mini plus 11'6, so 1 ft shorter, magnitude 520 reel and mono. With the mini plus for some reason I am able to reach the same distance... So I was wondering what difference a distance master would make for me.
Probably not a lot, if you can only reach 60mtrs, with the 80gram supera, it might be worth having a day of tuition,, there’s plenty of top anglers who do coaching for a day, you can tell them what you want to learn, and they will help you.👍

Feeder77

Probably not a lot, if you can only reach 60mtrs, with the 80gram supera, it might be worth having a day of tuition,, there’s plenty of top anglers who do coaching for a day, you can tell them what you want to learn, and they will help you.👍
I got it wrong. Measured with my distance sticks, fished at 70 metres, not 60. But then again, I found it hard to always hit the clip. I am -as you said- not good at casting far. It still surprises me though I reach the same distance with a shorter rod too. Must be because of my dodgy technique, I suppose. 😒

lucc

Well, had the 12'6" 50g supera, didn't like it too much. Not parabolic enough, a finer tip was badly needed (1oz ain't sensitive enough), not so light....Gave it to a friend.
I much prefer the R18 tubertini (not an ez rod to find ) or the Daiwa Windcast Method Feeder 390cm -80g

Fishfinderuk

Is the supera range of rods just for long range feeder work,or can the shorter rods be used for commercials?.

Markus

The 10 ft supera is an excellent rod for commercialfishing. Even the 80g is not too stiff and a good bream rod. The distance master is the long range feeder in the preston range.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
Well, had the 12'6" 50g supera, didn't like it too much. Not parabolic enough, a finer tip was badly needed (1oz ain't sensitive enough), not so light....Gave it to a friend.
I much prefer the R18 tubertini (not an ez rod to find ) or the Daiwa Windcast Method Feeder 390cm -80g
Lucc, can I be your friend next time that you don't like a rod/Reel/Pole floats/Line etc: Please? LÖL

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I have the 12’6 80grams feeder rods, absolutely love these rods for upto 50/60mtrs for roach/skimmers n bream, excellent playing action, and great at casting cage feeders, a bargain at £180.
Makes a change hearing that someone is happy with a piece of kit. Usually it’s all doom and gloom. Well done Mike. 👍. Still can’t beat an old Amorphous though. 🤣🤣👍

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Makes a change hearing that someone is happy with a piece of kit. Usually it’s all doom and gloom. Well done Mike. 👍. Still can’t beat an old Amorphous though. 🤣🤣👍
I’m glad your enjoying the rod mate, they’re a loverly rod, but I need a rod that’ll cast a little bit more weight, and I need 2oz and 21/2oz tips, to combat the wind and undertow 👍👍👍