Preston Supera 10ft feeder

Philnun87

Hi,

I was looking at buying a Preston Supera 10ft feeder rod for big carp in the summer through to skimmers in the winter.

is the Supera soft enough for skimmers? Does anyone have any thoughts / reviews on the Supera?

cheers

The Hitman

Site Supporter
It will do what you want. Best rod i have owned, great casting ability, real good balance, handles big carp, F1s and Skimmers.
I have 9ft, 10ft 11.6ft and pellet waggler.

Really good value for money.

Marker50

Site Supporter
I have normal supera 10ft and supera sl version.
I do prefer the sl for my say 20g feeders.

Philnun87

Hi Marker50

Cheers. What is your thoughts on the normal Supera for Carp / F1s etc?

I usually like a soft rod for feeder fishing but don’t have the budget for both the normal and SL and need a do everything rod which can handle carp

Tiz

I have normal supera 10ft and supera sl version.
I do prefer the sl for my say 20g feeders.
Hi Marker50

I was thinking of getting the 11ft SL version for mainly commercial Skimmer fishing on the feeder. Will the rod handle a Carp if one inevitably comes along?

Martin

Marker50

Site Supporter
Hiya.
My sl is a lot softer than my normal supera.I had a 14lb carp on sl a few weeks back .it did bend a lot 😂 but did the job.
But if using for larger carp with intension i would use my normal supera .they are much stiffer .infact i bought it off a guy who bought for bream fishing but wanted a softer rod

Line Clip

I have a 10ft Supera feeder rod 2oz 1.5 oz and 1oz tips brilliant rod ,bought it ten months ago, caught carp of all sizes up to double figures, the rod is always up-to the job never felt under gunned , even with the odd ballistic animal,
At the moment the same rod is being used to catch skimmers, and F1 from 8oz to 2lbs with no problems.
The Supera SL would be softer but given the choice I would choose the standard Supera, specially in the 10ft you will not be disappointed, that's if you can find one for sale, they are like gold at the moment stocks are low in all the tackle shops, and on line, good angling(y)

Philnun87

The Supera SL looks like a really nice rod for skimmers / the very occasional carp...got my eye on one.

move just ordered a map parabolic black edition 10ft, fingers crossed that is ok