Preston sliding winders

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick2b

Simple idea that works well. Sometimes need to 'tune' the length of your rig so it doesn't end up finishing at the end of the winder, but certainly beats messing around looking for elastics at the end of a trip, or replacing them when they snap/rot.
Thumbs up for something good costing 50p!

bloomer

fishing monster
yup since i found these i switched all my rigs onto them. so much easier than the elastic secured ones.

ok i only have 20 rigs made up ever but they are all on these winders now.

Last edited by a moderator:

matchstickman25

boss ones are quite good, but 9 times out of ten i prefer drennan ones with rubber anchors. the sliding mechanism i find annoyong when unravelliong rigs as the line always gets caught in it. also drennan ones have handy spikes for organised line lay. (thats the posh way of saying i cant be bothered to describe why)

stikflote

Site Supporter
i think those slide winders first came out from Daiwa made by Boss some years ago

macca63

Great piece of kit have swapped all my rigs onto them, the trays they come with means I can swap my rigs around depending on the venue I'm fishing and also fit in my Milo box

pham

My space station came with 60 free slider winders in 4 trays! They are fab! My rigs were on a mish mash of winders before, now they're all neat, organised and pretty![:D][:T]

GARYCATCH

here here for the preston sliding winders.

matchstickman25

Yeah, you should get free sun glasses with them for when you open your box. give me a dull colour anyday.

GARYCATCH

they brighten up a dull day fella

stikflote

Site Supporter
the Fox winders are good they a soft cover at each end thats kind on your line ,they come in packs of 4 and different sizes

matchstickman25

so doesnt your line become trapped under this soft covering like mine has on the occassion i have used these winders. rather defeats the object, especially when using fine lines. i hate em! the preston ones are mede from hard plastic, whilst the drennan ones are a soft rubbery plastic and a no gimmicky functionality about them that i like![xx(]

Last edited:

Hatchye

I have boss, fox and preston slide winders. They all have their problems, but I have recently bought more preston greens for the sheer fact that I can use them to hold 2 rigs on each. (Maybe not the larger bulbous floats)

I do like the fox ones as well, but they only hold 1 rig and the black slider has a habit of coming off and disappearing!

Genus9

I've recently changed all My rigs (90 of them) to the Preston jobbies and find them ok,

Also I've found You can eliminate catching the slide bit with Your line by wrapping the line on the other side of the spike so when removing the rig it does'nt touch the slide bit and comes off cleanly, [:)]

So now I've got around 100 Drennan winders along with the anchors that I don't want so if someone wants to buy them they can have em for 15. [:)]

I don't know about the ones You had Matchstickman but the ones I've got have a spike to organise line lay, [:p] [:)]

nick2b

Genus9

Cheapskate! I gave mine away!

Genus9

Originally posted by nick2b

Genus9

Cheapskate! I gave mine away!

Yeah well perhaps You've got too much money, [:p]

There is a credit crunch on You know, [;)] [:I]

And Gary, [}:)]

David Hargreave

Ex Dodgyref
you can overcome the line catching on the sliding fitment by removing it and then clipping it back on once you have taken the rig off[:T]

Ducca

I've found on some of the preston winders the clip that holds the line can be too loose and your rig can tend to come undone,
Top tip to combat this, take the clip off, paint the side of the winder with clear nail varnish,when it dries, replace the clip,
works a treat

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Genus9

We've just taken delivery of the short winders/trays that are 13cm long,

There's 2 tray sizes 10 winders and 20 in a tray and are ideal for canal and up in the water rigs, [:)]

Excellent. [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.