Preston response XS70

Blubberguts

Site Supporter
This is my first post on this form so I’d thought I’d get of by asking a question.
My current pole is a few years old and I was thinking about getting a Preston response XS70, I’ve looked and I can’t find any reviews apart from des reviewing them on YouTube
I currently have a map 701 2G in great condition which I’ll try to sell .
Is the Preston a good swap or are there better, I don’t want to spend more than a couple of grand.
Thanks any advice appreciated

Blubberguts

Site Supporter
I’ll change my question, what’s the best pole if I had a couple of grand to spend and more power than match kits
Thanks

Blubberguts

Site Supporter
What package did you get with it , power or match . What’s the weight like
Every one seems to recommend them

Jonb

Site Supporter
What package did you get with it , power or match . What’s the weight like
Every one seems to recommend them

I got the match package, I use match kits for the majority of my carp work with black hydro and a couple of power kits for margin work with red in, it's really well balanced, I can hold it at full length no problem, I went to buy a tourney pro but couldn't feel enough difference between it and the whisker so opted for that.

Blubberguts

Site Supporter
Thanks for all that I’ll probably go for the power package the problem is no tackle shops especially the big national one don’t have them on display to feel one
I can get one new for 1700

Blubberguts

Site Supporter
I got the match package, I use match kits for the majority of my carp work with black hydro and a couple of power kits for margin work with red in, it's really well balanced, I can hold it at full length no problem, I went to buy a tourney pro but couldn't feel enough difference between it and the whisker so opted for that.
Thanks for your advice, I’m just putting a package together on various sites
Just got to sell my 12 month old map 701 first ?hope I get over a grand for as that will help in the purchase

Jonb

Site Supporter
Thanks for your advice, I’m just putting a package together on various sites
Just got to sell my 12 month old map 701 first ?hope I get over a grand for as that will help in the purchase
Good luck with the sale, there's classifieds on here and shedloads of groups on FB to sell on, hope you get what you want.

Blubberguts

Site Supporter
Good luck with the sale, there's classifieds on here and shedloads of groups on FB to sell on, hope you get what you want.
Cheaper than eBay, to many poles to choose from so it’s good to get advice from people who have them ?

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I think the thinking is that match top kits are mainly used for silvers so they don’t need a puller. Flawed thinking in my opinion but it seems to be the only reason I can think of.

Blubberguts

Site Supporter
Being stupid as I’ve never had a top kit like this how do you put the elastic in , same as any other I suppose but how does it work
Sounds stupid but I’ve never used a top kit like this mine all have side pullers

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
It’s easier to elasicate than a side puller. You buy a pole bung and trim it to size and tie the elastic to it. Alternatively you could use a puller bung which allows you to convert to a puller without putting a slot in the side.