Preston response m50 questions

Dobby1995

I've have just bought a response m50 pole and after looking at so many reviews I thought the elastic rating was 18 but its actually 16. With my old pole I used to use 18 solid in the margins for the bigger carp in the summer. I feel like I have made a little mistake as I feel i will be under gunned for that sort of fishing now. Does anyone do this sort of fishing with an m50. I have only been fishing for 3 year my old pole was a very heavy avanti 12.5m. Also I have only ever used solid elastic but I am about to buy some hollo. Will that allow me to play them bigger fish. Also the rating is 16 solid so what is the rating for hollo 16-18 maybe? Sorry for all the questions

JLK

I use an M90 and the power kits are the same as yours. (Blue bushed) I've had carp on that have bent the top kit around where I thought it was going to snap but it hasn't yet.
I currently have 18-20 hollow in mine so you will be fine.
Disclaimer though. I know how to play carp and use a pulla kit properly. Some people dont which can lead to accidents/snapped top kits or other sections.

Dobby1995

I use an M90 and the power kits are the same as yours. (Blue bushed) I've had carp on that have bent the top kit around where I thought it was going to snap but it hasn't yet.
I currently have 18-20 hollow in mine so you will be fine.
Disclaimer though. I know how to play carp and use a pulla kit properly. Some people dont which can lead to accidents/snapped top kits or other sections.
I should be fine then with a 16-18 hollo. I had pulled kits on my old pole aswell and am quite confident with using them. Was you using any sections of the pole aswell. What sort of weights have you had. Thank you

JLK

I fish down the edge with the m90 on any venue that doesn't have snags.
If I know I'm going to have to do some hit and hold fishing I'll use the response carp instead.
Biggest I've caught on the top 5 was just over 15lb on 15h but you can land anything within reason on that elastic if you get straight back to your top kit.

Dobby1995

I fish down the edge with the m90 on any venue that doesn't have snags.
If I know I'm going to have to do some hit and hold fishing I'll use the response carp instead.
Biggest I've caught on the top 5 was just over 15lb on 15h but you can land anything within reason on that elastic if you get straight back to your top kit.
Ok thank you. I will just have to see how I get on with. If I feel I have to buy a margin pole I will just sell it and get something rated higher