Preston Quickdry keepnet - any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngy

I'm going to get a new keepnet and wanted a quick dry one, so was looking at the 4m preston quick dry.

Anyone got one and does it actually dry quicker than normal carp sacking.

cheers

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by youngy

Anyone got one and does it actually dry quicker than normal carp sacking.

In a word - no
My mates got one and, in terms of dampness after use, we can't tell any difference between his and mine (I've got the standard blue Preston net)

Simon

floatfisher

Site Supporter
I've got one. I bought it because the more open mesh is better for use on the river allowing the flow to pass through.As far as quick dry is concerned--forget it, it takes ages to dry out.

Simple

Sikea
I bought the new one with the rubber corners on it last week ready for larford last saturday. I threw it in and it sank right away no problems.
I also used it again sunday and sank again on its own I didn't have to push it down with my landing net handle like usual.
Dry's out fairly quick too. The locking thing at the top is good too.
I have only used it 2 times though but so far I'm impressed.
Will prolly get another in a few weeks.

Edit....

4 meters , bloooooody hell. I have the 3.5 meter and it takes half an hour to pull in [:D]

Last edited:

Jibs

I've got the 3.5mtr with the rubber corners, sinks like a brick.I think they dry quicker just because there is less material than the micro mesh carp nets.

Last edited:

Bungee

I have one of the Pre-mod and one of the post-mod nets (the post-mod being the rubber corners) and think they have been improved a fair bit...the pre-mod does float for a while, even when wet!

caveman10987

yes they are very good i somehow managed to get a 4 mtr 1 and it dries in no time and it sinks so i dont have to ruin my pole sections's [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.