Preston quick release method mould

Craig1962

Hi All
A quick question please Im new to method fishing ( and fishing in general) and I have been using drennan feeders and moulds. Ive read that the preston quick Release Method Mould works with different feeders and was wondering if it works with drennan. I like the look of the quick release. Thanks in advance everyone ;)

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Its the wrong shape but some use the Guru mould with the Drennan feeders, why dont you like the Drennan one ?

Craig1962

I like the quick release button on the preston mould. Sometimes with the drennan mould I struggle to get it out in one piece but maybe thats just me, Everything comes with practice.Thanks for your reply Ken and ill have a look at the guru (y)

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
If your micros or groundbait is little to dry or wet the drennan mould will stick, Neil ofthe nene idea of thin plastic bag is a good idea.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
I have both. Sadly the feeders are incompatible, but I don't have problems with either mould. I like the Preston ones as they are a lot easier, and quicker to handle for me, but Drennan's work ok- it's just that for some reason Drennan's won't sell them separately from the feeders and I tend to lose the moulds. So I've got a lot of feeders now.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
The guru mould and drennan method feeders work perfectly together, the drennan mould is too stiff.
The guru mould with its soft base makes ejecting the filled method feeder a doddle,

nutmeg

Site Supporter
I have both. Sadly the feeders are incompatible, but I don't have problems with either mould. I like the Preston ones as they are a lot easier, and quicker to handle for me, but Drennan's work ok- it's just that for some reason Drennan's won't sell them separately from the feeders and I tend to lose the moulds. So I've got a lot of feeders now.

I must be reading this wrong, but drennan have always sold there method feeders seperatly without the drennan mould.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
A lot of the issues with sticking in the mould are caused by overfilling of the mould then applying extra pressure.
If your pellets are right consistency try a lesser amount in the mould but the plastic bag trick works too

fredradac

Site Supporter
Don't know why but, despite trying a few different brands, I just cannot get on with these moulds.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
I must be reading this wrong, but drennan have always sold there method feeders seperatly without the drennan mould.
Sorry my bad - should explain by not putting the cart before the horse. What I meant to say was that if you buy a Drennan Mould, you always get a feeder with it unlike other suppliers I can think of where moulds are sold separately. Yes I can buy Drennan's method feeders individually, but I 'm just really whinging about having to pay for a feeder when all I really wanted was the mould

Last edited:

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I've got one of the Preston moulds & just tried a Guru feeder in it & it fits. Not that I ever do any feeder fishing (poleitis).

turnpike

I've just ordered drennan 25g feeders and a guru 24 and 28 to see which I prefer. Will they all fit the guru mould if so which size? Small or medium? Thanks.