Preston pull bungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee7974

I fitted these to all my top kits which have hydro in them on advice from a freind and can't believe the difference, they stop fish in their tracks, i cant beliieve ive fished without them, i think their a must for anybody who match fishes especcialy if you have hydro in your tops[:D]

HapperDapper

I wouldnt pay 60 or 70 for a preston immatations pulla top another idea they have copied, instead have a carbon wrap put on about 12" from the end of the number 3 (female end) drill a 5mm hole and glue in a cut down internal bush. Total cost approx 11. I Have had 6 number 3's wrapped for the cost of one preston.

Last edited by a moderator:

mitch-fish

Or you can just fit pulla bungs as Lee is talking about witch cost around 3 a kit and if you want you can revert back to a standard bung if you want to. [:D]

rourke7719

Big Stu
Originally posted by HapperDapper

I wouldnt pay 60 or 70 for a preston immatations pulla top another idea they have copied, instead have a carbon wrap put on about 12" from the end of the number 3 (female end) drill a 5mm hole and glue in a cut down internal bush. Total cost approx 11. I Have had 6 number 3's wrapped for the cost of one preston.

A Preston pulla bung costs 2.99!

avonaquatics

HapperDapper, Lee7974, has not gone out and bought PI 60 top kits but has bought a 2.99 bung, like the one in the link below, this allows you to use any standard top kit Match or Power and pull the elastic out of the bottom, no modification to the top kit necessary.....

https://www.tackleuk.co.uk/preston-innovations-pulla-bung-p-3765.html

This is 2.99 so has saved 8 ish from your extra wrap, and drilling holes and glueing bushes etc.

Ryan

rodring

i think you'll find he's talking about the pulla bung 2.99 rather than a 70 pulla kit. iagree cracking idea.

GARYCATCH

who had the original idea then out of interest HapperDapper??

Meat Master

milo made them long b4 preston and i believe they were the first.

I've found puller bungs perfect for mixed commercials.I use mine with white hydro for silverfish and if you hit a bonus carp,pull down tight and hold on....

HapperDapper

Sorry i misread the title thought he was talking about pulla kits not pull bungs. The advantage of a side puller is a big reduction in weight very noticable at 16m, allows you to have an alignment cone or clean cap in place and you can leave your short 4 or long 4 on should you wish which helps in deeper venues. People were using side pullers long before Preston brought out their pulla kit.

Nev101

Bogs Dalls

allows you to have an alignment cone or clean cap in place

I can see the advantage in this.

I had to rip the clean cap out of my number 4 last week during a match due to this oversight.

gorstyman

Myself and my fishing pal have converted all our top kits now to the Preston Pulla Bungs.
Cant believe i fished without one for so long ...wouldnt be without em now!!!!

One word of advice chaps....Middy do a similar product where you get 2 in the same packet for 2.99. These are a fair bit softer than the Preston bungs and we found they tend to slide up the section under pressure .

If using the Middy one just remember to undercut it slightly to allow for this then your not struggling trying to get it back out.

Genus9

It does'nt matter who designed them, the fact is they work, [:)]

Also for anyone who wants Pulla top 2's they do them for the Gis range and also do a universal top 2 Pullakit and both cost 45, [:)]

I've got 10 of them all fitted with different Hydros from Blue to Purple and they cover every situation, [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.