Preston onbox x3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barberj84

Regular member
Joined
Oct 25, 2003
Messages
519
Hi

I'm in the market for a new box and was looking at the on box x3. I think it will suit my needs and im due for an upgrade my current box is a triana grandeslam which is about 7 yrs old.

The cheapest onbox x3 I have seen is 230. Has anyone got one any cheaper than this and where from?

Thanks
 

strat2

Regular member
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
1,711
dont get a preston box... nuff sed they are trash. look at the posts. mine fell apart and so did martin trices.

ill show u photos if you want.

buy a milo or a rive most sensible.

dont buy a badger box there 14kg empty and are rubbish.
rives are heavy buy adaptable and expensive.

milos are stable cheapish and answer to the calling angler
 

tomgriffin

Regular member
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
120
Originally posted by strat2

dont get a preston box... nuff sed they are trash. look at the posts. mine fell apart and buy a milo or a rive most sensible.

Sorry, a bit off topic, but what about a matchbox (pyramid?) i think they look good, are they any good?
 

strat2

Regular member
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
1,711
not really mate im just saying prestons are naff.

and suggesting box makes with a little info abotu each and telling him wat to look out for.
 

tomgriffin

Regular member
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
120
Originally posted by strat2

not really mate im just saying prestons are naff.

and suggesting box makes with a little info abotu each and telling him wat to look out for.

Sorry if you miss understood me, i was asking you what you thought of the matchboxes as i am going to be after a cheaper box soon as i cant justify spending 400 - 500 on a seat box and i cant afford it [:I]
 

strat2

Regular member
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
1,711
oh reete sorry bout that mate haa i got the wrong end of the stick too.

match boxes are really nice boxes.. i would rate the pyramid in square leg only round are terrible and bend. i been talkin to jon aurthor and they perfect light and full of space. good enuff for ringer aswell as coxy !
 

tomgriffin

Regular member
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
120
Originally posted by strat2

oh reete sorry bout that mate haa i got the wrong end of the stick too.

match boxes are really nice boxes.. i would rate the pyramid in square leg only round are terrible and bend. i been talkin to jon aurthor and they perfect light and full of space. good enuff for ringer aswell as coxy !

Thanks mate, i have researched the matchbox and thought it looked great value for money [8D] I think i might be googling the cheapest place to buy from now [:D] Or are there any other seatboxes for around the price of the pyramid that are worth a look? [:)]

Thanks again strat [8D]
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top