Preston Monster X Tele Handle 3m

Chitterlings & Hodge

Hi and Happy New Year to everyone,

I'm looking for a replacement landing net handle and came across the Preston Monster X Tele Handle. I've perused the forum and the internet for any kind of review or feedback for this handle but to no avail.

Unfortunately living way down in the South West I'm unable to get my hands on one to have a look.

So does anyone own or have used one? If so what are your thoughts?

Many thanks in advance

Nasha

I’ve got the 3m take apart one. Only had it a couple of weeks so it’s only had one outing, landing one solitary fish, a 5lb common. Less said about that outing the better...
It seems slim and light to me but all I can compare it to is the cheap short metal ones having only ever had those types in the past.
I’m really happy with it, especially for the 35 notes it cost me - I understand this post is not really that much help, hopefully someone with a bit more use of one can chip in for you (y)

Nasha

...Although in saying that they’ve only been out since December so would be the reason for the lack of any real reviews imo

Chitterlings & Hodge

...Although in saying that they’ve only been out since December so would be the reason for the lack of any real reviews imo
Thanks for the reply, I didn't realise they were that new to be honest.

I'm glad you mentioned the take apart one as I was looking at that type also.

I think I'll go for one but the decision now is which one (tele or take apart):unsure:

I'm guessing that the angling shops will be closed for a while so it'll give me a few weeks to decide.

Thanks again Nasha

stephenk

Site Supporter
I was after a 3m telescopic handle and compared this alongside the 3m drennan vertex in local tackle shop.

I'd say its definitely good value at £35, but in the end i went for the drennan at £60 as it was noticeably lighter.

Chitterlings & Hodge

I’ve got the 3m take apart one. Only had it a couple of weeks so it’s only had one outing, landing one solitary fish, a 5lb common. Less said about that outing the better...
It seems slim and light to me but all I can compare it to is the cheap short metal ones having only ever had those types in the past.
I’m really happy with it, especially for the 35 notes it cost me - I understand this post is not really that much help, hopefully someone with a bit more use of one can chip in for you (y)
Nasha quick question.
Does the net handle have end caps to retain it all when not in use?
Only ask as all the pictures I can find do not show them.

Thanks