Preston monster holdall

Status
Not open for further replies.

methodgob

yoda
I bought this the other week to replace my big blue hardcase.(the really big one they stopped making).

Firstly,it's big!!Unless you have a van,estate or large 4x4 then forget it.

It has three compartments to it.One large and two smaller flatter ones.The large compartment houses two ready made up rod sleeves which each hold two rods, top and tail style.
If you take these out and use this bit just for tubes then the holdall will take everything you own!Wife,kids,cat,dog the lot!![:p]

I did find though that there's nowhere for my brolly to go so this goes in between the two rod cases.

Inside one slim compartment are a section for long and one for short banksticks,landing net handles etc.

It's designed so you don't need tubes but I like to keep my good pole in tubes and the velcro straps aren't long enough to hold these in place,though it's not a problem.

It doesn't have a hard base like my old one but it is reinforced, however I do expect this to split and look tatty in time.

The shoulder strap is very comfy for carrying such a huge weight as is the small carrying handle.So far so good but if it lets me down you'll be the first to know.

Oh yes, expect some strange glances as you walk to your peg carring what appears to be a coffin complete with dead body![:T][:D]

andy2473

Just got mine this week 50 second hand and it is a MONSTER,well impressed and the 2 rod sleeves are spot on.

Last edited by a moderator:

woz

Do you no if the sleeves are long enough to hold the drennan 7 series rods ?

Cheers

Woz

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.