Preston Mini Carp rod replacements?

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
I have two Preston Mini carp 10' feeder rods and two 11' floats rods, which I've owned sine 2008.

I I love the rods especially the feeder rods. However as carp have grown bigger I find these rods now under gunned.

The question is are there better Preston rods capable of handling bigger carp are are there other rods in the frame to handle 5 to 15lb carp?

Philnun87

Preston have just brought our new Superas (this week I think). I’ve never used one (new version or old) so can’t comment on their backbone but might be worth a look if you like Preston rods?

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
The Supera 10ft (original not brand new x version) is a brilliant rod what for what you want, can’t recommend highly enough. I’ve done a video review of it on my YouTube channel if interested. I had the original 10ft mini carp and safe to say things have moved on.

mikeyF

I don't have the Mini-Carp 10' so I can't do a direct comparison on those but like Paul I do own the 10' Supera and can't recommend them highly enough - a massive upgrade on the Monster X which is also current. Have happily landed 15lb-16lb carp on them in the summer months. You may find them still in shops if they have't all sold through and whilst they rarely come up second hand you may find some people selling up as the new Supera X models arrive in November.

I do have the 11' mini-plus float road, and the new Supera 11' pellet waggler and I can definitely see the improvement between those two although as you state the older rod is still fantastic. I have also landed 15lb+ carp on this when using the pellet waggler this summer and they handle them extremely well - very soft and forgiving. That may give you the indication of the improvement in the feeders as well.