Preston Magnetic Hooklength Box

Chervil

Site Supporter
In a tackle shop a few days ago and picked up some Preston pre tied 4" hook lengths. I noticed they were already on plastic, ready to slip into the hook length box. Price wise they were the same as the Guru ones that I normally use.
mag-store-system-rigs-5[1].jpg
I like the idea that you can fit different size hook lengths in the same box and that they have line/hook size printed on each "stick". The labels in my box seem to have a lot of overwriting on them.
Couple of questions; any feedback on Preston hook lengths and does anyone already use this system? I do tie my own as much as possible, not for price as pre tied seem dirt cheap, but more for relaxation and because it's always nicer catching on something you have made.

Philhunt161

brilliant system....but i also love the guru pre-tied hooks both top quality....doesn't take long to transfer the guru pre tied to there hook boxes but Preston have been very clever in developing this system...guru probably have more choice but i am sure preston will bring in more hook choices
hope this helps
phil

mark67

I had too buy a couple of packs of preston ones as did not have the guru ones in stock ended up putting them in the bin

Philhunt161

the only thing i can think mark 67 was dissatisfied is that the hair on the 4inch hook lengths tends to fold back from the hook...i used them in a match last week and had to change the hook length 3 times due to this problem

johng19

me@home.com
Id of just cut the hair off and used the hook length, not binned them. Don't know about the hook lengths but the hook system its self looks good. You can always tie your own some still do.