Preston Innovations Space Shuttle

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick2b

This replaced the off box trolley which hardly covered itself in glory (see my review).
However, pleased to say this is much, much better. Used it about 4 times now and can't fault it, other than the encouragement to take more and more gear with me. Got the one with the bag thing round the handle and would say this is a must, ideal for throwing in phone, keys, flask, sarnies, that sort of thing - does make you a bit lazy on the fully packing away front though.
Anyway, PI back on form in my book.

Nana

Have you used it on a very uneven bank yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Also bought the space shuttle. Like you said, it encourages you to take everything but the kitchen sink.

Used mine a few times now and I must say it's a dream. Will be going to larford beginning of July for 3 days with 5 mates. No doubt I'll be loaded to the gills, but at least by the time I get to my peg I won't be knackered!

nick2b

splodger
Yeah, have used it now on relatively uneven banks and it seems ok.
The only things that I don't like about it is the number of thumb wheels to tighten and the fact they continually loosen off.

Nana

Nick

I could not get on with mine so sold it on. Fortunately I have the Gear in my garage to make what I wanted in Aluminium and also used inflatable tyres, I do miss the Bag around the Handle though.

monster800

three guys on our circuit have had the wheel bearings give out, and they weren't loading the barrows too much, so watch out!

samstone

hi guys
had mine for a year now and it is a dream to use
best bit of tackle i purchased i always use it

pham

Mine had its first proper test last weekend through woods, on uneven ground, up steep rocky banks and seemed ok![:T]

d1ball

Bally
I have had mine a few months now and no prob's. A mate of mine has now got one as he was impressed, I got mine after Nick B advise and it has proven to be the best Preston (On/Off and In) accessory I have purchased, you do end up taking FAR too much gear though!!!

rourke7719

Big Stu
Has anyone used them for boxes other than a space station?

Pole-Fisher-90

i have a Space shuttle and spacestation, i used the space shuttle for my old rive but it kept falling off.

Mr Kipling

14/01/07 - 21/08/10
In Memoriam
I have a Matchbox and thats why I have said that I have fitted another cross bar to the frame so that the back of my box sits on this to stop it tipping off. The frame is too narrow and the box is easily tipped on rough ground. The new bar stops this.

dai

is the spaceshuttle suitable for the x6s box ?

d1ball

Bally
Dai,
Simple answer - yes it is and they are brilliant mate

rockyroads

rockyroads
just bought a preston tx spacestation seatbox,i could not get hold of a shuttle however i have lent one off a mate and am having trouble fitting it correctly to it,im using the long t-bar and one lug will sit ok but the other side wont...any ideas lads

nick2b

Is it catching the siding footplate, you may need to alter it's height slightly.

pham

I don't use the T bar and it fits fine, never had any trouble with it falling off!

I also used mine for getting my carp tackle to my swim last weekend. I used to dread this and often had to make two journeys as its a ten minute trek through the woods, but there was room for everything on the space shuttle and it made life so much easier!

Status
Not open for further replies.