Preston Innovations On Box Legs and Telescopic Extending Legs failing

Graham55

I have had my Preston Innovations On Box Legs and Telescopic Extending Legs for about a year now and they have let me down through what I think is a manufacturing fault. The nuts that hold the extending legs pop out of their plastic housing when you tighten them up and consequently making the legs extensions fall out. I was wondering has anyone else had experience of this themselves and what you did about it.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've had a set of 6 on mine for probably a decade... Weirdly, exactly that happened to one of mine when we fished the MD match at Sheldon's last year. All I've done is move it to the front of my foot plate so I effectively just use it as a solid leg (it holds as long as I don't overtighten)

Cobweb

Once thought that Grayling was Tarzan's real name
Site Supporter
I had a similar problem on my Onbox footplate legs. I thought I had perhaps over tightened the things but both went the same way., I solved the problem with a couple of jubilee clips which I fixed on the leg using a couple of spare 23mm square leg adaptors to prevent leg damage. They work fine and rarely do I need to adjust the position(s). I think the problem was solved in later models of the box

Graham55

I've had a set of 6 on mine for probably a decade... Weirdly, exactly that happened to one of mine when we fished the MD match at Sheldon's last year. All I've done is move it to the front of my foot plate so I effectively just use it as a solid leg (it holds as long as I don't overtighten)
Hi thanks for your reply. I think I am going to clue the adjustable parts in place then I know they won't be falling out or giving way when I am perched on the edge of a river bank.