Preston Innovations Mega Side Tray/Lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick2b

Mega Good
It replaced my original Preston side tray which I found too small - I was used to the massive bowl/tray from my old ASI box before I got a new Preston box.
One thing which I found a bit puzzling was that the bigger tray doesn't have the sliding drawer underneath which I really liked. However, no real problem as I removed the runners from the small tray, made some copies at work and fixed them in position wey hey!
My only criticism is it is a weighty piece, with all the other Preston add-ons, roost, bump-bar, big roller etc, I may be perfectly comfortable once I'm at my peg, but getting there is a killer!

Genus9

We had a lid delivered for one of our customers and I have to say "it's a big, bulky awkward looking thing" and should be a laugh opening it in the wind, [:0]

The tray looks good with the extra leg for stability though, [:)]

It's just that lid that looks strange, [;)]

Last edited by a moderator:

gloves007uk

BROWNING
whats the point in the lid ?
it looks big its bulky
just use a bait brolly smaller more compact does the same thing keeps the elements of the tray when used right

stevieboy

When I measured the Super tray against the Mega tray there didn't seem to be much difference in size.
Depth was almost exactly the same just slightly wider. I think the design with the runners gives the impression it's huge but it isn't.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've got the Mega Tray , but in all honesty can't see the point of the lid and certainly wouldn't pay extra for it.

nick2b

Living in the Lake District, 3 times since October I have had all my bait blown off my side tray. If you lived up here you would
i) see the point in it, and,
ii) see the inappropriateness of a bait brolly.
It's not for Southern softies!

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by nick2b

If you lived up here you would
i) see the point in it, and,
ii) see the inappropriateness of a bait brolly.
It's not for Southern softies!

Touch[:p][:D][:D][:D]

Simple

Sikea
lol that told you [:p]

caveman10987

I agree the lid is brilliant if you dont live south of the divide [;)]

Definately made for those windy april days in cumbria none of this poncy 25 degrees flat calm stuff [:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.