Preston innovation centris nt 320

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
Used in anger for the first time yesterday casting a 3.5g ng loaded waggler 20m no problem, loaded with daiwa sensor .18 3lb breaking strain or so it said, not the cheapest of reels but a cracking reel, super smooth, line lay perfect, and single and doubble handles out the box Spare spool, only one slight gripe the spools are deep it took a full 300m of the .18 sensor to fill one spool, I will be upgrading all my float reels to the 320, and a feeder to the 420. Just need the 500+ quid to make it happen. Oh well can't take it with ya.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
They’re great reels, I have 8 of the 520’s on my feeder rods, best medium distance feeder reels out there👍👍👍

Markus

I also replaced all my reels with centris reels. I went for the 420 for floatfishing and light-medium feeder. For feeder you also could use the 520 modell.

Keith Sparky

Used in anger for the first time yesterday casting a 3.5g ng loaded waggler 20m no problem, loaded with daiwa sensor .18 3lb breaking strain or so it said, not the cheapest of reels but a cracking reel, super smooth, line lay perfect, and single and doubble handles out the box Spare spool, only one slight gripe the spools are deep it took a full 300m of the .18 sensor to fill one spool, I will be upgrading all my float reels to the 320, and a feeder to the 420. Just need the 500+ quid to make it happen. Oh well can't take it with ya.
Use cheap backing. Something like 10lb sensor off a cheap bulk spool.....add your proper line say 150m spool first then add the backing noting the type of line, diameter and number of turns to get it dead right then transfer to the other spool. You can now fill your second spool easily by adding the same amount of backing first with your reel line on top. Just keep a note of both the backing line and main line types for future reference

Fishfinderuk

I also replaced all my reels with centris reels. I went for the 420 for floatfishing and light-medium feeder. For feeder you also could use the 520 modell.
I've just replaced most of my reels with the 520 magnitude,reels are nice and compact for a 520 size.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I have three of the 520's, that I couple with the Preston Distance Master for fishing in Holland, superb reels IMHO, plus each reel turn is approximately 95 cms, so I know how far out I'm fishing, or how much further out I've gone, or how much closer in I've gone, without having to go back to the measuring sticks after my initial measuring. More than happy with them!

Nipps

I’m returning to match fishing after a long break so have been buying fresh. As an angler with 45+ years experience I have always used high end Daiwa or Shimano reels baring the odd niche reel like the 507’s etc. I went shopping with one purpose; Daiwa TDR’s. Would look at others but it was going to be Daiwa’s all day long. Ended up with 5 Centris’s! Liked everything about them and thought they were as good, if not better, than the opposition. Whether they will have the longevity of the Daiwa’s remains to be seen but thus far I’m really impressed with them and am not disappointed in the slightest. Fantastic reels.

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
I picked up one of these yesterday, the 320 and today it was put through its paces. By far the best reel I have ever owned. Everything about it has been thought of and finessed to bring a reel that does everything right. Not cheap but well worth the money.

tincaboy2

I picked up one of these yesterday, the 320 and today it was put through its paces. By far the best reel I have ever owned. Everything about it has been thought of and finessed to bring a reel that does everything right. Not cheap but well worth the money.
Would the 320 work as a stick float\ trotting reel?

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
It might be a bit on the heavy side if I'm honest. I can't remember the weight off hand but I will find out.

Carl c

Would the 320 be ok for feeder fishing

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
@Carl c in the 420 and 520 yes as others have stated, the 320 is a bit small unless it was for relatively short range.

deck24m

Site Supporter
I have got a 420 and will be putting some 4lb and 6lb daiwa sensor on the spools. Where would you spool it up to?

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
I spooled mine to the bottom of the slope on the lip of the spool the 320 took 300m of .18 sensor.