Preston Inception Seat Unit

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
I’m looking at adding the Seat Unit with backrest to my Inception Station seat box. Looking at the illustrations it looks like the sitting position will be higher than the original seat. The height at present is perfect which is lucky because their isn’t any adjustment on the footplate.
Are their any posters on here who have added a seat to an Inception Station?

Chitterlings & Hodge

I've been looking at the 360 seat myself for my inception 3D but don't quite understand how you can't adjust the box.

Obviously the storage box part adjusts independently to the footplate section, I'm guessing that the height you require with the normal padded seat fitted is at it's minimum with no further adjustment available (the box section bar is touching the footplate bar)?

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
I've been looking at the 360 seat myself for my inception 3D but don't quite understand how you can't adjust the box.

Obviously the storage box part adjusts independently to the footplate section, I'm guessing that the height you require with the normal padded seat fitted is at it's minimum with no further adjustment available (the box section bar is touching the footplate bar)?
The Inception Station’s footrest is not height adjustable. The seat attaches directly to the frame via the drawer module. I’m 6ft and the position is perfect for me, if you are somewhat taller then the only option is to add modules under the seat , vice-versa if you are shorter.
I think it’s the same with the Z frame boxes also

Chitterlings & Hodge

No sorry still don't understand, to me the inception seat platform is adjustable up and down the legs as is the foot plate if required?

The seat attaches to the boxes not the frame.

1620388910621.png

1620388585460.png

jad

No sorry still don't understand, to me the inception seat platform is adjustable up and down the legs as is the foot plate if required?

The seat attaches to the boxes not the frame.

1620388910621.png

1620388585460.png
Exactly there is no difference in the adjustment, so if you can get the box at the right height you can get the seat at the right height unless of course you are at maximum or minimum adjustment, in which case you'd add or remove a tray.

PeteC

The older inception has the H frame which means you can adjust the box units up and down on the legs.... I have this box and it's easy to adjust depending on which drawers you want to take out and also if you want the standard seat or the 'armchair' (which is very comfy but a little cumbersome)

The new inception has a fixed frame so requires adding or subtracting drawer units to change the seat height...bit of a retrograde step I'd say, but that's just my opinion....!