Preston ICS

Craig1962

I've just changed all my feeder stuff to the preston ICS system (method feeders, maggot feeders, cage feeders and pellet feeders} all great well made gear as you'd expect from preston. Well all well made except for the maggot feeders. They seem a little flimsy and delicate and sometimes come apart in your hands as you twist it ready to put maggots in (top came off in my hands on more than one occasion) I used the maggot feeder yesterday and after about a dozen casts only the bottom half came back. Am I being heavy handed or as anyone else had any problems with them.
Thanks in advance.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Never had it come apart whilst in use, but the top section doesn’t seem to sit exactly flush, so when you close the door after filling with maggots it doesn’t seem to close as smoothly as it should.

Nasha

I really like the ICS range too. I only have one of the maggot feeders but it’s really quite difficult to close the sliding door if I open it to one particular side. I never remember which and always seem to guess wrong. Thinking about it I should draw an arrow on it or something. Idiot proof :unsure:

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
ICS system in general is awesome.. The maggot feeder however, Is not. As Nasha said, The sliding door is a little awkward, but I found it manageable. The biggest problem I've found is the maggots not getting out of the feeder easily enough? 🤷‍♀️ I usually just cap the window with a smidge of packed groundbait as I'm tired of reeling in with half a feeder full of maggots left in the cage.

As for built quality.. Can't complain personally.

matti

Site Supporter
Every ics maggot feeder ive used has fallen apart,

I got drawn in by the ics system, seemed a good idea at the time to combine all the diffrent styles into one mounting system, but in all honesty I've gone back to a method on one rod, and the good old maggot, cage or bomb on the other, I just feel you get a better presentation

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I really like the ICS range too. I only have one of the maggot feeders but it’s really quite difficult to close the sliding door if I open it to one particular side. I never remember which and always seem to guess wrong. Thinking about it I should draw an arrow on it or something. Idiot proof :unsure:
I found this too, so use the chuckle brothers saying, to you to me. Turn away from me then turn back to me holding the base in my left hand!!

I’ve had no real difficulties with the ICS or ICM maggot feeders coming apart. I often use them with the stem with the swivel on the end on a running rig rather than in-line.