Preston Hybrid Elastic

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
I will be using Preston Hybrid on all my match kits power kits from 5 through to 15
Was thinking of doing my F1 kits will number 11 has anyone used this and what were their thoughts? Is it too strong and should I go for number 9
Be interesting to hear others views before I go with it
Thanks

stephenk

Site Supporter
That confident in it that I stripped white hydro out of 4 topkits and put the 11s hybrid in. Bought some of the other sizes too - but not used them yet.

Leeob77

Im also a convert from hydro.
Used 9 and 11 last year and now using 9 and 13.
Very nice elastic. Works all year round and a huge cost saving over the hydro.
11 should be very good in a short kit.

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
I used the blue No 7 yesterday through a match top 3 with a puller bung and the No 1 removed for skimmers. I found it absolutely perfect to a size 18 wide gape, double dead reds and 0.11 hook length.

I ended up with close to 30 lbs of decent skimmers, roach, a perch and a 3-4 lb common which gave me no issues. For me far better than lighter grade hollow, very forgiving but enough durability for bonus fish should you hook one.

IanG1

Site Supporter
I used the blue 7 yesterday for the first time. This seems to balance perfectly the problem of having to be geared for bonus fish but not bump off the small fish especially when you have to fish barbless. Lovely and soft on the strike but powers up lovely when needed and didn't seem to have to use the puller as much compared to the usual solid slip 6 I would use in this situation. I've kitted some more topkits with 9, 11 and 13 ready for the summer. Impressed so far, I did use the 9 yesterday on a worm line where you can hook 3lb perch and some large Tench but only one 8oz perch on it but again no issues with bumping off.

Griffo

Site Supporter
I use 11 in two short kits and two power kits for the Most part on my local for f1s upto about 4Ib then when the bigger boys come out 13 white on power top twos and 15 for the odd lump in the margins, its good stuff back end of the winter stepped it down to the No 9 which again did a great job,

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Used mine for the first time the other day at Lindholme. No11 & handled big F1's with ease. I've kitted out my topkits in 11, 13 & 15 because our club waters hold some very powerful carp & are full of lilies & other snags.

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
Over the last month I've been using this elastic a lot.

Blue No7 absolutely perfect for decent sized skimmers but will handle bonus carp on light lines in winter, (I had 2 doubles on my silvers rigs using a size 18 to 0.12). noting if I was fishing for winter roach I'd use a standard 4 latex.

Natural 13, perfect for carp 2lbs to double figures although I did have one 16lbs using 0.15 dia line. A very soft elastic that powers up quickly and is very forgiving, ( a 1lbs skimmer will pull a good 1-3ft out before it retracts. This will probably be my main carp elastic this year.

Red 15, ideal for bigger carp I've had a few doubles on this which is an ideal margin or open water big carp/big weight elastic. Like the others quite soft and forgiving but powers up quickly.

In summary a very nice soft elastic, different to hollow with good control and progressive power. Although I've still got hollow in some of my kits, when it's due to be replaced I'll probably replace it with this.