Preston Hooks

Method Man

Can anyone tell me if they use or have used Preston KKM-B eyed barbless hooks, I tied my own and used today and had three straighten out on me resulting in lost fish with a guess weight of 5 to 7lb nothing massive... I was using method feeder, never use them again.

Dusty

Can anyone tell me if they use or have used Preston KKM-B eyed barbless hooks, I tied my own and used today and had three straighten out on me resulting in lost fish with a guess weight of 5 to 7lb nothing massive... I was using method feeder, never use them again.

Most of the top anglers use them if their YouTube videos are to go by. Supposed to be really strong hooks.
I use Guru LWG.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I use kkmb with bait spikes on the method, never had one open up even on doubles. I use the pret tied ones to 0.17 Reflo.

Method Man

Funny you should say that Ive used them as a pr tied and never had a problem so thought I would buy some loose and tied my own to Reflo hook gave out before the hook link.

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
I use LWG on pole but for Bomb and method use Guru pellet waggler hooks as slightly wider gape, had 214 LB today on bomb & pellet with them, one fish went 20 lb 4 oz another was 17 lb, all the rest were between 7 lb to 12 lb, not one bent hook.
Did have one slightly bend a few weeks ago but still got the 14 lber out on it and just changed hook.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Just my opinion but, the only hook in the Preston range that suits a hair rig is the PR36. Take some finding nowadays though. Stronger than Sly's aftershave ..... Just. ???

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
I use them all; the time method, bomb etc never had any straighten

Method Man

Thanks guys, I either got a duff batch or I hooked into three bigger ones than I thought they were. ??

Carp attack

I would never use b911's again after problems with hooks straightening,
Would say for 99% of my fishing it has to be guru hooks, fantastic and cannot fault them, my favourite has to be the MWG, awsum hook, like they say can stop a train with these, never had 1 straighten! And that's fishing on island pond an tripp pond in the edge at messingham sands, ???

Total

Site Supporter
Thanks guys, I either got a duff batch or I hooked into three bigger ones than I thought they were. ??

I couldn't get on with the PR36 for the reasons you mentioned, doesn't mean to say I'm right. (y).......My setup/s etc maybe completely different to yours.....Hence moving on to the Guru MWG solved the problems for me.(y)

Method Man

Some good feedback on this post, thanks chaps, I think I will give the Guru MWG a go by the comments.. ?