preston gis 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolution

evolution
i sold one not long ago, it was a cracking pole, i used it from fishing for silvers to hammering out carp.

Mansfield_Lad

the main thing for me is stiffness and balance i know by the specs its light @13m 800g so if i could get one for 500 with 8 top kits but a cracked number 5 what would you say ? expecially with the number 5's bein 235

pole addict

You can get a top quality repair at http://www.polerepairs.co.uk/

Scott is a member on here and does a top job [:T]

Genus9

Theey're an excellent pole and in My opinion better than the Gis10 Absolute,

I've still got Mine and keep it as a back up pole alongside My Gis12,

It's still as good as the day I bought it and gets used occasionally,

It's a good, strong, well balanced pole that will handle lumps easily but is at home with those canal silvers.

Mansfield_Lad

sounds like a good pole to me then because i love skimmer fishing but then i fish matchs aswel so if its up for bagging carp thats even better.. is there much wobble in the pole when shipping in-out and is it stiff at 14.5m ?

Auto

Terry
Site Supporter
I love mine. Light, stiff and powerful. . Well balanced. I bought it second hand on ebay last year for 370 with 7 tops. I made an adaptor and now I can use all my Daiwa Strongbeam tops on it as well. (Making 18 top kits in all. Do you think that will be enough ?) My mate paid 700 for his GIS9. He loves his just as much. Although it would probably handle lumps in the margins, I don't really want to try it. That's why they make dedicated margin poles. The only other pole I would consider would be a Spectron if I needed something really light.

Craigo

with a short No4 (longer than most short No4's)- the pole is still as rigid as most current top end poles IMO

slappy2

well lets hope these poles are as good as ya say guys as that pole chap was talkin about i won it of the sum of 400 quid happy days ; - )

slappy2

ya do ok with that fella for 250 getting it 2night or 2mrw all being well,treated meself to new mx3500 box and new windcast carp reels also ,just need sell some me gear now

Mansfield_Lad

yup its a nice pole :) and them boxs look smart heard the wheels on it aint too good tho :) im still waiting for my box to come from italy been 2 n half weeks nah its the milo redheart 2010 comes with everything but the kitchen sink lol

slappy2

NICE BOXES them,ya i heard that if breaks going back fella simple as that,lol

if there biult like the poles then there built to last ; - )

Mansfield_Lad

there not supposed to good in hot weather either the tires seem to explode :/ and yea i hope it lasts, just cant wait to get it :)

slappy2

haha if does going bloody BACK!!! going to get pole in a bit 74 miles each way nothing can t wait off out 2mrw to play with pole too get box friday tho

Status
Not open for further replies.