Preston feeder tips

Line Clip

Does anyone know who sells spare tips for the 10ft Supera feeder rod, all seem to be out of stock, with no sign of new stock.
is there a alternative tip in the preston range that will fit, I need a 1.5 oz.
The original tip with the rod, snapped of when the line caught round the top eye, on the cast ( ANGLER ERROR ) if the tip was
cut back to the next eye (about 1 inch ) would it spoil the action of the rod at all would it be OK until I find a new tip.
THANKS.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I’m also in the lookout for a new Supera tip, but I need a 1oz (yellow) one. Similar story, user error etc. Can’t find one anywhere.

Local tackle shop gave me. a monster X tip to try as the diameter is the same at 2.5mm, but it wouldn’t fit all the way in, didn’t want to force it.

So for the time being I’m just using the 1.5oz tip until they come back into stock.

Cobweb

Once thought that Grayling was Tarzan's real name
Site Supporter
Yep, theyve only got 2.5oz tips available , everything else out stock unfortunately
I had trouble last year getting tips and Benwicks helped me out. Fisherman's Friend of Birmingham may advertise some, but I'd check to make sure the guy actually has them in stock before ordering.

Marker50

Site Supporter
Went to my local shop for mine for supera.
Got 2 from a cheaper preston range only £11 each .
Had to VERY slightly wet n dry and perfect fit.
If anyone wants to know which rod from post on here.
I can bell shop tomorrow .cant remember which one.

Griffo

Site Supporter
I have had this issue with my MAP rods angler error, what's the diameter of the original tip ( plug in end)? there are so many manufacturers have very similar diameters I have now found that any 2.4mm tip will fit maybe with a slight sand, the only thing is glass or fibre glass tips the glass being cheaper, I think most Preston tips are 3.5mm as are some Drennon but you need to check. I've mixed and matched for years instead of paying £25 to £30 for originals that are currently unavailable. For me the Diawa Carp Match tips for about £13 are great with a bit of very light sanding first.

corkycat

I would suggest checking the Benwick site each day. I did so every day for three months, looking for 3.0mm tips for my Preston rod. When I first contacted them they told me that all they could do was wait for their Prestons order to be delivered, and when the tips turn up they would update their online store, and to keep checking. Anyway, the other day I did my daily check and there they were; in stock. Placed order, got my tips, happy man.