Preston Extremity Reel

Rapala68

Site Supporter
Went fishing this morning down the canal and decided to try for the bream on the feeder.Got out my Drennen medium feeder rod and put on my Extremity reel which is only the second time i have used it, last time was on the Div 2 national last september, and for the life of me i could not work out how to lock the handle. Spent 10 minutes trying to figure it out and either its broken or my brain is having a holiday.Anyone have one of these reels and could tell me how to lock it please.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Went fishing this morning down the canal and decided to try for the bream on the feeder.Got out my Drennen medium feeder rod and put on my Extremity reel which is only the second time i have used it, last time was on the Div 2 national last september, and for the life of me i could not work out how to lock the handle. Spent 10 minutes trying to figure it out and either its broken or my brain is having a holiday.Anyone have one of these reels and could tell me how to lock it please.
I had the same issue. After a tip from from another MD i swopped my handle, got one from the intensity. Changed the reel. Get one on order.

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
I also have the same reel and dislike the handle, I feel a Intensity handle being ordered soon. Thanks.

Total

Site Supporter
Tried that this morning but no good.Luckily the spare reel handle you get with the centris fits it perfectly :)
You might find that when it's had a while to soak in it might eventually work free.

If the spare Centris handle does the job for you so much the better. Be lucky.(y)