Preston Elasticated Method Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteblade

Bought some of the above the other week in 30 and 45 grammes thinking the would be ideal for a big cast at Boddingtons. They do cast well but be warned, another Preston let down! On playing my second carp it lunged on the way back and came off and as I reeled in I thought it must have done my .21 hooklength! No , not at all, the ring tied to the elastic had gone and bloody dissapeared as if Paul Daniels had started doing fishing related magic tricks. Checking all my other Preston feeders I found one measily over hand knot is used to tie the ring to the elastic. Poor, very poor indeed. Rant over.

Hatchye

I tend to take the elastic out and feed the line through to a quick change bead - hey presto no dodgy elastic problems![:T]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bungee

Did they chuck further than the Kobra ones?

AndyJ

Originally posted by Hatchye

I tend to take the elastic out and feed the line through to a quick change bead - hey presto no dodgy elastic problems![:T]

Are you saying you remove the elastic and replace it with line?

~A

peteblade

About the same as the doctored Kobras mate.

pastehead

cut the old elastic out, and replace with a new piece but replace the rings with two swivels. push the swivel into the hole and then tie some line around the base of the swivel, wont ever break on you. hope that helps

d1ball

Bally
mine are fine and caught well on them.....they are beasts in Boddingtons though....

Status
Not open for further replies.