Preston Edge Monster

Whisker

Site Supporter
Took delivery of my Preston Edge Monster 10m Pole last week (despite some early resistance, lockdown fever got me).

My first impressions were:

The bag is a bit naff.
The top kits are long (longer than I’m used to anyway).
Only one small diameter tube for an elasticated top kit. Solved this minor problem by nabbing a bigger tube out the garage.

Comes with 2 top kits that I decided to experiment with. Thought I’d try the Matrix Slik and opted to put green 16-18 in one and red 18-20 in the other. A bit heavy maybe, but I have NG Twin Core 14-16 in my main pole inter-lastics, so the Edge is kitted for munters and snags.

Tried it out today (albeit only to 8.5m) and my thoughts are:
A bit bouncy at the tip - yes.
Positives:
The top kits you soon get used to.
The pole feels nice and slim and it is very light.
This pole is very strong... don’t be deceived!

Been the Glebe today and clicked 153lb, mostly down the margins and to 8.5 against the reeds with this pole. Got snagged up twice in the reeds but I would say that was me not being quick enough. For the money, a great pole and great value. If you’re thinking about getting one... go for it! You won’t be disappointed.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Angling direct are doing the 8.5m for £134.99... with discount down from £149.99... I think the 10m is £199

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Spate top 2's are £30 If I remember correctly so you can kit yourself out with a few extra tops quite cheaply

Whisker

Site Supporter
When shopping around I found a place selling it for £170 but they’d sold out. I picked mine up for £180 from Bristol Angling. Might pick a couple of spare top kits up. Forgot to say the Matrix Slik is different to the Preston and NG I’m used to but I do like it. Will see how it goes on the next couple of trips, I might be a convert to that too.