Preston edge monster poles

PAB

Site Supporter
Are the edge monster poles now obsolete I cannot find them anywhere and Preston don't appear to want to comment. I would like a 8M or 9M strong Margin pole that won't cost a arm and leg size 20 elastic as a minimum and with side pulla capability. Any pointers would be appreciated.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I have a Middy CX Thriller on order. They're rated to a 25.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Are the edge monster poles now obsolete I cannot find them anywhere and Preston don't appear to want to comment.
Obsolete? They were only released earlier this year - they're just very popular and, as often happens with Preston gear when demand outstrips supply, they're waiting for another shipment to arrive.
My local tackle shop is waiting on another delivery - every time he gets some they fly straight off the rack

Brilliant pole - got mine last month and it's had some real hammer - 12lb common and an 11.5lb mirror hooked in the anal fin being the highlights.

Simon

PAB

Site Supporter
Obsolete? They were only released earlier this year - they're just very popular and, as often happens with Preston gear when demand outstrips supply, they're waiting for another shipment to arrive.
My local tackle shop is waiting on another delivery - every time he gets some they fly straight off the rack

Brilliant pole - got mine last month and it's had some real hammer - 12lb common and an 11.5lb mirror hooked in the anal fin being the highlights.

Simon
Any big fish?:devilish:

sikez2012

There are none available untill Oct when 1000 are due...Preston brought a few in about 3-4weeks and sent 2 out to each shop who had any on backorder to keep them happy...The are a cracking pole and fly out as soon as they come in, If any shop had one in stock somebody is not doing there job i could sell them everyday to customers 2-3 times over there's such a demand for them.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
You could also save yourself 50 quid and get a Drennan Red Range 8m margin pole which will do pretty much the same.

tedstriker

Site Supporter
could say the same about the majority of tackle, the drennan looks a lot heavier mind

TheFarr

They appear to be back in stock at a lot of places. Seen quite a few new ones on ebay too.

TheFarr

What's the verdict on getting one of these as my first pole? I enjoy catching big fish but how would this fair in the colder months with a smaller elastic fishing for smaller fish and silvers?

tedstriker

Site Supporter
should be any issues with a lighter elastic in there, my old man uses an original map margin pole as his only pole and fishes places in the winter for silvers with a lighter elastic

sikez2012

Yes there back in stock,

Red range 8metre out of stock from drennan- Rod order came today and out of stock just incase anybody after one.