Preston Carbonactive Sentient 12.6 Feeder

davvo

Site Supporter
Can any one please tell the casting weight of this rod? I bought it used about 7 years back and it has 1 and 2 oz glass tips and one 3oz carbon tip. It fires any size feeder out with out any concern, and as im looking for a longer reservoir rod, id like to know what the CW is so i can use it as a baseline for what i;m looking for. If that makes sense? Thank you Dave

squimp

Site Supporter
I’ve got one and like it.

However I wouldn’t even attempt to cast 90/100g with it. I’d stick to 50/60g.

smiffy

Site Supporter
The rod will probably do what you want it to. Probably not best suited to shock leaders but for long range you’ll only be wanting to chuck 30-45g, unloaded, which it will handle with ease.
The reel fitting has gone on mine. Must get a new one done.

Total

Site Supporter
The rod will probably do what you want it to. Probably not best suited to shock leaders but for long range you’ll only be wanting to chuck 30-45g, unloaded, which it will handle with ease.
The reel fitting has gone on mine. Must get a new one done.
Out of interest Mr Smiffy is the above rod three equal length sections?.....(with a quiver tip in the carrier section)

smiffy

Site Supporter
Out of interest Mr Smiffy is the above rod three equal length sections?.....(with a quiver tip in the carrier section)
I have the 13ft which is two piece with 3 separate tips. I would assume the 12’ 6” would be the same. The important bit is the little yellow circle😉 You can see the broken reel fitting, with emergency tape residue, so anyone out there, local, that can fix it for me? Please😊
Edit. I’ve just realised mine isn’t a sentient. So that rod may be different again.
The OP will have to fill us in.

Attachments

• BD51CB48-1F8A-4523-BA96-128F7CE481A2.jpeg
    BD51CB48-1F8A-4523-BA96-128F7CE481A2.jpeg
    694.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Total

Site Supporter
I have the 13ft which is two piece with 3 separate tips. I would assume the 12’ 6” would be the same. The important bit is the little yellow circle😉 You can see the broken reel fitting, with emergency tape residue, so anyone out there, local, that can fix it for me? Please😊
Edit. I’ve just realised mine isn’t a sentient. So that rod may be different again.
Ahhh, so not much help then? :rolleyes:....Wrong length rod and type...:oops:....Thank you for looking....(y)

smiffy

Site Supporter
Same type rod, same tips,different blank. The 12’ 6” is two piece with 3 push in tips stored in a separate small tube👍

Last edited:

grey

Site Supporter
Still fairly confident it's 90 or 100g feeder - 90g puts it squarely in the 'medium feeder' bracket, 100g is maybe a medium+.

If you're wanting a longer range res rod, you will probably be looking for a 13-14ft 120g feeder which is heavy feeder territory; or 150g+ if you want to hoof out very heavy feeders (or fish rivers in flood), which are generally classed as XH feeder rods.

davvo

Site Supporter
Still fairly confident it's 90 or 100g feeder - 90g puts it squarely in the 'medium feeder' bracket, 100g is maybe a medium+.

If you're wanting a longer range res rod, you will probably be looking for a 13-14ft 120g feeder which is heavy feeder territory; or 150g+ if you want to hoof out very heavy feeders (or fish rivers in flood), which are generally classed as XH feeder rods.
Yeah, looking at getting one about 13ft and a CW of 120. I dont think id bother with anything heavier than that. Thanks again.

davvo

Site Supporter
Thats a shame, hope you get it sorted. Yeah the 12.6 is two piece with the 3 tips.