Preston absolute 36 seat box

Good morning all. I have just ordered an early Christmas present and bought the black edition seat box, upgrading my old space station that has served me well over the years.

Has anyone worked out an efficient way of converting the old preston accessories to the new larger 36mm legs?

IanG1

Site Supporter
I have used a dremmel to take out material to extend some old fittings to fit 30mm legs but not enough meat left to go to 36mm. May be cheaper to sell what you have and buy new fit your new legs.

Bobster

i bought the white one i have used it twice and it is in my shed bad back means i need a chair so wasted £650

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You'll be surprised how much the older 30mm fittings are selling for if in good clean condition, almost as much as new 36mm ones.

Sell the old, replace with new, don't replace what you carry around but never use.

You'll be surprised how much the older 30mm fittings are selling for if in good clean condition, almost as much as new 36mm ones.

Sell the old, replace with new, don't replace what you carry around but never use.
Ive spent another £200 on the basic accessories and your right i am going to put my old space station up for sale with all the accessories to go with it. I just want a contribution to go towards what I have spent. Ive just received the box and it is top quality, the only thing I would say is that it is heavier than I would have expected and that could be a problem for some. Everything else is spot on

Pyffy

Site Supporter
I find my Absolute 36 is far easier to carry and move around if I carry the footplate and legs separately. I pop them in a carryall with my side trays and quickly assemble on the bank.