Pressure Washer

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Its time to replace my pressure washer - I've had two Karschers and they've both failed the same way (they start pulsing). Apparently it's a common fault, that some might say is designed in to fail.

Anyhow, its time for a new one... I recall someone saying Nilfisk were better, but cant remember if it was on here or somewhere else.

So... any recommendations for a new one? Budget up to £200, have plenty of tools (you can get an adaptor for Karscher to Nilfisk apparently). It's mostly going to be used to clean decking and block paving on the driveway

Thanks

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Here is some pressure washer advice, don`t lend it to anyone! Mine came back with a hose that had been cross threaded and blew
apart every time it was switched on, brilliant.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Wouldn’t buy another yellow one. ?. Got a nilfisk and been no problems in 3 years. Even bought daughter one for her house.

DFL

Site Supporter
The pulsing in Karchers is a relatively easy and cheap fix, plenty of YouTube videos explaining how.

Nilfisk marginally better than Karcher.

I used a variety of pw’s over the years when caring for a fleet of cars, like so many things you make a choice, buy cheaper end and don’t expect to get more than a few years service from the machine or pay that bit extra for something built to last. Without doubt the best machine I had at my disposal and still do some decade or so later is a Kranzle. They are expensive but last for years if looked after, I’d rather buy one secondhand than a new Karcher/Nilfisk any day if I couldn’t afford to buy new.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Warning - you do know that "Nilfisk" means "No fish" in Scandinavian, don't you?

You could be asking for trouble of a different kind!

:oops:;)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Oh eck. My Karcher has started pulsing. It pulses, you pull the trigger, its half pressure then after 5 or so seconds goes to full power. I take it my Karcher is jiggered also ? Doh ! ??

DFL

Site Supporter
As I’ve stated already, pulsing Karchers are often easily repaired. It’s normally a hairline crack in a plastic housing, not easy to see with the naked eye, quite cheap to replace.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
I've had the one Aldi sell for a few years now and it's superb... A long hose that rolls back up on a winder with a handle. Fantastic pressure and attachment