OK,What did Santa bring you?
Dave, did you get XP or a centraly heated bivvy?
Come on folks what did everyone get?
I got an 8mtr Maver MulettoMaster Margin pole and a Shimano Catana 4000R reel.......Top presents from the Wife.
Have a Great Day,
Nothing so extravagant came down my chimney, but what I got on my doorstep was a nice suprise - the ex-ex-girlfriend came to see me.
Take it from that we're going out tonight, just waiting for a taxi then to pick her up --don't you just love a happy ending
I got a few bits n bobs non fishing related & a petrol lighter from me kid brother with a fluff flinger on it.
What really topped my day was the ex bitch oops sorry ex wife telling me i can't see my kids anymore,,,,,,,,,,,, so that together with losing my job last friday has really really made my flaming christmas.
Hi Pete, Great Xmas,
From wife an 18/20 MAP and a bonus keepnet,(Used Tackles offer) and bounced a late bid in on E-Bay and treated myself to an unused Garbolino 13m Excorcist that was delivered personally by the seller (Very many thanks) at 6.00pm Xmas Eve and cost me just 185.00.
I love Xmas Trogg, and hope things get better soon, she cant mean it.
Understand Ex-wife, but don't agree EX-Bitch, sounds as though its no EX but still practising if she came up with that for Xmas!
Let me be the 1st to wish you all Happy new Year as I,ve only got 20 mins. of Xmas left.New goal for me is to do it again next Xmas, wish me luck.
If only you knew her like i do you'd know this is just the tip of the iceberg mate.
As for you doing it all again next year i haven't forgotten our little chat at the fish-in mate & i'll tell you a little secret,,,,
I was in the same boat as you till september last year & i'm still here cos i'm to soddin stubborn to give in.
Age ain't got nowt to do with it mate its balls that count n i reckon you've got plenty of that pal, don't give in n you'll still be catchin in 10 yrs.
My grandad was 55 the 1st time, 67 the 2nd time, 78 the 3rd time & he beat it every time but at 85 the last time he couldn't keep going so he gave in & i don't blame him for doing so.
I'm quite sure if he can do it so can you.
Merry christmas mate n a happy new year
(ps see you in the summer for another fish-in)
insomnia is nothing to lose sleep over
now i'm gonna go & finish gettin very very drunk ho ho bleedin ho
I got a Sundridge Minus 10 match Suit from Mrs G and my daughter and son-in-law. I put it to use today and have written a report of sorts in the Tackle Talk section. I was well impressed with it but it still didn't help me catch a fish though
Alan, I don't really know you other than your postings but can I humbly give a bit of advice from an old timer. Don't get too bitter with life and what it throws at you. Often the things you enjoy you take for granted and they all roll into just another day. But when things go bad and generally they seem to come at once, they appear to be the be all and end all and its too easy to be overcome by them to the point where reason goes out of the window and you can do nothing but see the bad bits.
Take a step back and keep everything in perspective and then you will find that things aren't what they seem and often the answer to the problem is easier to find.
You say you're stubborn, thats a good thing but don't get bitter with it, keep those close to you closer.
Like I said friend, its just abit of advice from an old timer and please do not feel offended by it.
Its true that in every man is a child who wants to play only i let my "inner child" ut to play all the time cos its more fun that way.
As for "only being 40" i thought i'd told you my style of thinking mate??
When i was a kid anyone over 20 was old, when i reached 20 anyone over 30 was old & now i'm nearly 30 anyone over 40 will be old.
If you look at it along those lines mate you can never get old, good init?
As for the thought of me being a modd hmmmmmmm i reckon the thought of me wielding all that power has just scared 80% of your regulars away (the other 20% don't know me that well)
First off the question on pressies, I got a thermal suit, so no more freezing to death at troggs unseasonal fish-ins.
On the question of getting old, I don't think you have to worry trogg, my eldest girl lauren (9) dosent think you look old, she just says "when are we going to see that funny man again dad"?.
I will leave those of you who have had the 'pleasure' of meeting Mr F to decide exactly what kind of 'funny' she means