Preparing pellets.

deck24m

Site Supporter
I have only just returned back to fishing after having a 5 year hiatus so please bear with me.

I bought some Bobco own 2mm pellets and used them yesterday. I had read that basically pellets should be put in water for approx 1/2 minutes so did them for 1 min. Basically they was so sticky I was pulling them from my hands and they wouldn't release from the feeder.

I redid them and dunked them for 10 seconds and they turned out perfect but later in the day they started to dry out so just put a small amount of water in my hand and rubbed it into the pellets. These ended up sticky again!

So I have found that I really need to be careful with how much water I put them in. Question is are all pellets the same or is this more the type of pellet?

endpeg

Every batch of pellets are different, basically its trial and error.
I cover mine totally in water leave 30 secs then drain it all off.

deck24m

Site Supporter
Thanks Endpeg

Does that cover most pellets do you think? Or just the ones you are currently using?

Total

Site Supporter
You need to establish if the pellets you bought from Bobco's are of the 'Coppens' variety which need less time soaking and are a stickier pellets or are of the 'Skretting coarse type pellet' which require a slightly longer soak.....(y)

To add to this, each batch/type of pellet will have different soaking times....Start of with a short soak and adjust as you go along for each pellet/batch.....All pellets will need occasional extra water added to them throughout the day to bring them back to the consistency you require for your individual application(s)....