Preparing for my first day back on the bank.....

Stewie74

Site Supporter
So, aside from a couple of small items being delivered tomorrow and friday, I think I'm pretty much all set for my big day on saturday. Except I know there will be something I've forgotten.

I have rods, reels, feeders, quick stop adapters, moulds, hook lengths (both bait stop and band) of various sizes, disgorgers, groundbait, 2 mm pellet for feeder, 6 mm and 8mm expanders for hookbait, contraption for banding pellets, bait needle, sweetcorn, spam, bait boxes, chair, banksticks, rod rest (butt and tip), umbrella (although forecast is dry), unhooking mat, towel, waterproof suit, boots, warm socks, woolly hat, various layers to wear (forecast is 3 degrees early doors rising to around 8-10 degrees), flask for coffee/soup, enough food to feed a small army.

Day ticket to be purchased n the day, EA licence confirmation email on my phone (hard copy in the post).

Aside from high hopes and low(ish) expectations, what have I forgotten??

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
make sure to have photo ID to go with rod licence email ?

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Set the alarm clock ?

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I see you have remembered the most important thing ....... a Flask. ??
Can't not have my coffee in the morning!!

make sure to have photo ID to go with rod licence email ?
Good shout, thank you

Set the alarm clock ?
I'm awake ridiculously early anyway, lake opens at 0630, I plan to be there when he opens the gates

Scissors/Forceps , sounds like you have enough for a week but enjoy your day :ROFLMAO:
good shout, I have some small scissors in the tackle box. I'm also planning to fish next thursday, and a few days the week after as I'm off work.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Sun glasses, especially in winter the low sunrises can play havoc with seeing a float/tip.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Flask of coffee is the most important thing. Don't forget to leave enough room to get off your box for multiple pee breaks though.
As for food....I can never eat while I'm fishing.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Flask of coffee is the most important thing. Don't forget to leave enough room to get off your box for multiple pee breaks though.
As for food....I can never eat while I'm fishing.
I can when pleasuring but not in a match.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
The absolute most important thing enjoy the day. Have a good un.
Absolutely, I’m more interested in regaining my confidence in what I’m doing, getting the basics right and not f*****g it up too badly.

Catching something will be a nice bonus?

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Definatly just bear in mind the fishes are slowing down so it might take a bit longer to get bits, also if it's a day ticket lake ask the owner or who ever what's been working and from where, bit if insider info never hurt.

I fubar my sessions all the time loose gear plane old get it wrong, but I've learnt and don't make the same mistakes again. If it ain't going so well, a brew 5 mins to gather yourself and off again lol.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Will be keeping it very simple, method feeder, micro pellets with a bit of ground bait mixed in, expanders on the hook.

fishery owner has pointed me in the direction of a couple of decent swims based on the last couple of weeks, both of which I know from before and both have islands and lily beds as features to cast to

will have plenty of coffee and snacks!!!!

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
I that case young man go forth and catch many a fish, you have all that is needed. Just be an added bonus if it stays dry for you. There is a saying on here if there are no pictures it never happened !