Premier League

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Been an Everton fan forever, season ticket holder for over 30 years. Followed them home and away. Still do occasionally. Been to OT lots of times. Been there for matches not involving Everton. Testimonials when they played Celtic, as well as other games when pals have had a spare and I wasn't going watching my own team. I can go back to when Everton were the main Merseyside rivals to Utd, long before the Kopites decided they hated them, which only came about when SAF started winning trophies. But in all honesty and with respect I have never heard of the reasons you have given for 'manure' being a derogatory term.
Same here. Been following Everton home & away since 1969 and I've never heard that one. You never stop learning eh?

shang

For all those saying the season should be cancelled...how does that stand with, for example, champions League places. The teams who were in it last season get another bite at the cherry and another cash windfall ?
For those who've spend not inconsiderable amounts of money to try to win promotion yet won't get it whereas teams at the bottom of the prem who've been frankly woeful but get to keep their forthcoming riches.

It's not surprising that it's teams at the bottom of the prem who are objecting to neutral venues as I guess they're hoping for abandonment so they won't get relegated. (The only slight sympathy extends to villa who've played a game less and they ought to be allowed to play it and afterwards all results stand

As I understand it final standings are valid once a certain % of games have been played and that threshold has already been reached so why not stick with an existing rule rather than fudge a compromise which won't suit everyone... The season is over. No-one would caught Liverpool, Leeds or west brom (the run in to the championship suggests both teams would've increased their points tally rather than dropped )

Stansthirdboy

For all those saying the season should be cancelled...how does that stand with, for example, champions League places. The teams who were in it last season get another bite at the cherry and another cash windfall ?
For those who've spend not inconsiderable amounts of money to try to win promotion yet won't get it whereas teams at the bottom of the prem who've been frankly woeful but get to keep their forthcoming riches.

It's not surprising that it's teams at the bottom of the prem who are objecting to neutral venues as I guess they're hoping for abandonment so they won't get relegated. (The only slight sympathy extends to villa who've played a game less and they ought to be allowed to play it and afterwards all results stand

As I understand it final standings are valid once a certain % of games have been played and that threshold has already been reached so why not stick with an existing rule rather than fudge a compromise which won't suit everyone... The season is over. No-one would caught Liverpool, Leeds or west brom (the run in to the championship suggests both teams would've increased their points tally rather than dropped )

The threshold of games played has not been reached, and no-one in any division is past the winning post, or confirmed relegation, so voiding the league would be the same right through the league.
UEFA have still not decided how teams would qualify for the ECL or EL, they have to wait on governments to make decisons on travel and isolation of travelers before that can happen, it could mean all International Football is cancelled for a whole season.
The Euro's and Olympics have alreadt been cancelled, the F1 season is in disarray. Cricket is not even considering a start. no fishing, no cycling etc etc.
So I repeat, and no-one has given me a reasonable answer, what makes Football so special for it to be restarted ?

Carp attack

The threshold of games played has not been reached, and no-one in any division is past the winning post, or confirmed relegation, so voiding the league would be the same right through the league.
UEFA have still not decided how teams would qualify for the ECL or EL, they have to wait on governments to make decisons on travel and isolation of travelers before that can happen, it could mean all International Football is cancelled for a whole season.
The Euro's and Olympics have alreadt been cancelled, the F1 season is in disarray. Cricket is not even considering a start. no fishing, no cycling etc etc.
So I repeat, and no-one has given me a reasonable answer, what makes Football so special for it to be restarted ?
This was my point I was asking, at what point is enough?? All other sports an big events has taken a stand of some sort, so why does the premier league think they are exempt from this??? Why do they think football is so special??? 🤷‍♂️

Stansthirdboy

This was my point I was asking, at what point is enough?? All other sports an big events has taken a stand of some sort, so why does the premier league think they are exempt from this??? Why do they think football is so special??? 🤷‍♂️
Because football in the Uk has sold it's soul to the highest bidder, and been living off the fat for too long.
Clubs no longer depend on fans through the gate to survive, they depend on TV money, they are not getting screened so clubs are not getting money.
Sky are not getting money, I know of lots of people who have cancelled their subscriptions, and I bet a lot of pubs have too.

I know for a fact that when the Glazers bought Man Utd, future TV rights were put up as collaterall to the loans

Carp attack

Because football in the Uk has sold it's soul to the highest bidder, and been living off the fat for too long.
Clubs no longer depend on fans through the gate to survive, they depend on TV money, they are not getting screened so clubs are not getting money.
Sky are not getting money, I know of lots of people who have cancelled their subscriptions, and I bet a lot of pubs have too.

I know for a fact that when the Glazers bought Man Utd, future TV rights were put up as collaterall to the loans
Exactly it's not about the game anymore too a degree all money money money,
Sky dont get any money from me anymore and I can watch every game anywhere, all 3pm Saturday ko games from every league,

Maybe after all this there is some drastic changes too the system, we can only hope I suppose, 👍

Stansthirdboy

Exactly it's not about the game anymore too a degree all money money money,
Sky dont get any money from me anymore and I can watch every game anywhere, all 3pm Saturday ko games from every league,

Maybe after all this there is some drastic changes too the system, we can only hope I suppose, 👍
I cancelled my Sky subscription years ago, got fed up of paying out for a lot of channels I never watched, and the bundles they did were rubbish, you had to have a load of stuff you didn't want just to get 2 or 3 channels you did.
Then BT sport won the contract, they promptly sold half the games to sky, which meant you had to fork out twice, not me, I've got more sense !

Carp attack

I cancelled my Sky subscription years ago, got fed up of paying out for a lot of channels I never watched, and the bundles they did were rubbish, you had to have a load of stuff you didn't want just to get 2 or 3 channels you did.
Then BT sport won the contract, they promptly sold half the games to sky, which meant you had to fork out twice, not me, I've got more sense !
Totally agree 100% with you mate,

davylad

Site Supporter
shang how can you say no one would have caught your team, with their past history. They along with West Brom deserve to go up, but that's not enough. I was reading what Lee Bower had to say regarding Charlton, they've only been in the relegation places for 6 days, would you say that's fair? I can't see any of the CL clubs getting extra money in situation we're in. It's a massive problem, and it just depends how the team you support will be affected by any decision made, but it will be lucky for some and unlucky for others. I mean "Liverpool" might not be champions, that's crazy but there you go.