Precise casting

Status
Not open for further replies.

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Right,
Iv'e seen and heared about how once you cst into your desired swim you can clip the line on the line clip so that it drops in that place every time. However, when i do this with my reel, 9 cannot wind the line back in! Wahat am i doing wrong, or can on certain reels do this?
Thanks alot
[8D]The percher[8D]

TINY

Tiny
If you want to clip your line up ,do it before you click your bail arm back over.That should cure your problem[;)]

Andy.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Are you clipping-up with the bale-arm open or closed?

It should be open when you put the line in the clip, other than that I can't imagine what the problem could be.

Tight Lines

Simon

Simon R

Site Supporter
Beat me by nine seconds [:(!]

I'm gonna have to learn to type faster! [:D]

Simon

TINY

Tiny
Ive got a lot quicker since the shop has been quieter.[;)]
If all else fails I`ll become a typist[:D]

Andy.

Wordbender

Here's a clipping-up tip; instead of putting your line directly into the clip - which many anglers believe can damage the line - try putting a rubber baitband in the clip, then, when you've cast to your required spot (and the bail arm's open) pass the 'free' end of the baitband over the line and clip that up too.

So, you've got the line held by a stretchy, 'forgiving' baitband, rather than by the 'solid' clip. Less likely to snap if you put too much into the cast and guaranteed not to damage the line. Try it - it works a treat.

HTH

Terry

Jeff

Try this....http://swiftys-fishing-tackle.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=19_21_34_140&products_id=4214

Tight Lines

angler-mark

When I'm feeder fishing at distance I use a 2inch piece of an old bike innertube to clip up.

Just cast to where you are fishing and then while your bale arm is open, take the spool off the reel and slip the tube over the spool from the back and cover the line, put the spool back on the reel and close the bail arm. When you cast it out again it will stop where you want it every time and does not damage the line, also if a big fish takes your bait, this method allows line to come from under the rubber band stopping you getting snapped off. One innertube will supply you with plenty of 2inch bands and last you for a long time. [:)][:)][:)]

Tight Lines

Mark

martin.

Account Locked
right mark
thats where my spare tyre went last sept at trent knew youd slip up in end
lol

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

angler-mark

No Martin, your spare tyre is around your waistline lol [;)][;)][;)]

Tight Lines

Mark

Last edited:

joe1987

'Darwener'
Well tolley(percher) im sure i can show you on sunday. Dont blame your reel!!!

Toodlepip
**Joe-boy**

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
joe, you no very well, you couldn't do it either!!!!!
Besides, of all the times we've been fishing, i've won
all but 2 times!
So don't make out i'm bad coz it makes you look even worse!
hehe
[8D]The percher[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.