Pre tied hooks

Balarn

The good news is most viruses have a very short life span outside of the carrier by the time the hooks enter the supply chain any virus would be long dead, bacteria on the other hand could live a lot longer. Dave puts it into context, how many time have we put our hands to our mouth when fishing or bit line or ate something with less than clean hands, fishing in sewage contaminated venues. Sadly we have become terrified of everything and need to challenge theses ideas for our sanity.

FadingLikeDecay

I’ve only bought 1 pack of pretied (Kamasan Animals), can’t comment on the knot but was wholly unimpressed with the inconsistent lengths.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I recall a member saying that Drennan hooklengths are all tied by hand

I think it was @RMNDIL
I saw a video with Alan Scotthorne and Peter Drennan talking about ready made rigs, and Peter Drennan confirmed they were hand made.

BoldBear

All of my hooks of size 16 and smaller (plus some size 14s) are ready tied, although when I need a longer hooklength of 18” or longer then I will tie my own simply because it’s hard if not impossible to find these lengths in my tackleshops.

I think the days when you couldn’t trust using ready tied hooks has long gone; well it has in my experience anyway. :)

All of my hooks of size 12 and bigger I tie myself.

Keith

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I have a lot of pre-tied QM1’s that are spot on and have never let me down. All my other stuff I tie myself, a doddle with the Gizmo handheld I found on eBay.