Pre-loved poles

matt

Site Supporter
IMHO, I don’t think that we’ll be seeing any major discounts on current model poles or any other major tackle items for a while yet as from what I can see, there is literally minimal stock out there and very little in the way of new lines being introduced for 2021 as supply chains continue to struggle with demand and logistics.

From looking at most of the major online retailers, there are a huge number of out of stocks, so there is no need for them to cut their margins in order to get a sale.....just having physical stock and a sensible price should be enough to get the sale in the current market.

I went into one of the major angling warehouse shops before we all got locked down again with a shopping list of about 20 items and walked out without bothering to buy anything as the shelves were pretty much bare!

I’m in the same market as you Stewie, looking around for a new pole and from what I’ve seen, the one manufacturer with the best availability is Daiwa with their top end plus from Conny level and upwards...... might be just coincidence that these are all manufactured in the UK? ;)

matt

Site Supporter
@Stewie74 before anybody takes my post out of context and thinks that I’m recommending you to buy a Daiwa pole, that’s not my intention.... it’s just what I’ve been researching myself.

I’d say that given the current climate and unknown about what the market will be like in 6 months time, if you see an MTX 3 or 4 brand new at a reasonable price and if you are comfortable with the outlay then go for it 😀

I’d be wary of 2nd hand unless it’s in mint condition without any repairs and even then check that the topkits have all been cut to the same length or a length that suits you otherwise it could become costly to buy new topkits unnecessarily to suit your style of fishing.

Plus most people selling 2nd hand poles on auction sites want the buyer to collect which goes against the rules of lockdown! 😂

Whatever you decide, good luck and enjoy your new purchase once we can get out match fishing again! :upthumb:

Nicky Dodds

I've not fished with either the 3 or 4 but there is an expected noticeable difference when waggled side by side in a pole alley.
From what I've read the 4 seems to be stronger and more robust.
I was fortunate when I was in the market as Bobco had them all on display plus the old flagship nemesis. I knew what the nemesis was like with elastic in as my mate has one. I went down the nemesis route as I thought it sat way closer to the 4 than the 3. The 2 has a better reputation than the 3.