Pre-loved poles

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I bought the MTX1 pole a couple of months ago, upon my return to angling.

Having now totally got the match fishing bug, currents restrictions notwithstanding, I’m looking to upgrade to a 16m pole.

Given that the MTX range is a couple of years old, how soon would you expect a new model to be released?

I’m wondering whether to look at buying a new MTX3 now for around £1100, or wait a few months to see if a new range is released .

How much do ‘last years poles’ generally come down in price when a new range is released? Wondering if an MTX4 might be worth waiting for when the new range is released?

Thanks in advance 👍

Stewie

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I bought the MTX1 pole a couple of months ago, upon my return to angling.

Having now totally got the match fishing bug, currents restrictions notwithstanding, I’m looking to upgrade to a 16m pole.

Given that the MTX range is a couple of years old, how soon would you expect a new model to be released?

I’m wondering whether to look at buying a new MTX3 now for around £1100, or wait a few months to see if a new range is released .

How much do ‘last years poles’ generally come down in price when a new range is released? Wondering if an MTX4 might be worth waiting for when the new range is released?

Thanks in advance 👍

Stewie
I don’t know if any companies are releasing new poles like they usually do, with the current situation🤷‍♂️Usually seen new tackle lines , by this time of year ....most of the major companies haven’t even got stock of anything at the moment 🤷‍♂️If they do release a new flagship, obviously you’ll get last years at a knock down price, and performance wise I bet there will be very little difference...If you stick with Matrix, and don’t need the sale of your current pole to finance the new one, you’ll be set up with spares for as long as you want 👍👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I don’t know if any companies are releasing new poles like they usually do, with the current situation🤷‍♂️Usually seen new tackle lines , by this time of year ....most of the major companies haven’t even got stock of anything at the moment 🤷‍♂️If they do release a new flagship, obviously you’ll get last years at a knock down price, and performance wise I bet there will be very little difference
Does that mean me and you are gonna get new Superlithiums this year for a grand Gazza ? I wish. 🙄

Nicky Dodds may know. He’s sponsored by Matrix.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Does that mean me and you are gonna get new Superlithiums this year for a grand Gazza ? I wish. 🙄

Nicky Dodds may know. He’s sponsored by Matrix.
I don’t reckon Maver will bring anything new out this year mate , and I can’t see they can justify, knocking the price down on any of their top end poles, when people have just shelled out full whack for them

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sounds like you should post the clip on here Mick, we all need a laugh at the moment. 😂 🤣