Prawns

Status
Not open for further replies.

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Im asking your advice at the moment on various baits i want to try, see if you have had any luck on em.
I used prawns briefly last year on a commercial with some sucess, catching carp(obviouslly). I was wondering wether you could use them to catchany other species, perhaps usin half of one or something?? And if they are just a summer bait?
cheers
The percher[:D][:D]

Lid

I'm planning to try whole unpeeled prawns for chub this year.

Lid [:)]

baz.thornton

Dont know about prawns, but my mate last year had some good bream/carp from Messingham sands on cockles

Caught on a Pork Chop on a 22

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
Had some good chub on peeled prawns and shrimp mainly fished sort of slow sink with all the weight under the float. Also had great success with whitebait fished on a running bomb in current below wiers, leave something like a 4 or 5 foot tail and let it move with the flow, but keep hold of the rod butt, the takes can be awesome. With the whitebait you don't know what will hit it trout, chub, perch, jack. Through the summer months when the rivers have the long flowing weedy runs, had great success trotting caddis grubs through,collect em before you start fishing and leave them in their little cases in a small container of fresh water. Remove one from case when ready and hook lighty under the chin on a fine wire 18 or 20, fantastic for summer grayling or chub etc. Similar tactics with gren maggots and caterpillars.

catch you later, tight lines, dave....

G

At least you can eat the prawns if they dont catch fish mate.

Yes try the cockles ask Norm about them, [;)][;)].

A couple of weeks ago at a place called Catterick, an angler was bagging on cockles,all carp.

bablefish.gif

catch me if u can
Andy,
Datafile3.asp

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
cheers, cockles are another bait ive been meaning to try, and ive heared of whitebait being killer for perch and stuff, unfortunately i no not of any wieres round my area, and the only prolific river being the ribble[:(]Always wanted to fish 1 though

Larry

Lazarus
a mate of had a lot of success with cockle's &prawns a few years ago on our club s pool .

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

crusty

A bloke I worked with had one off his best days ever, and caught his biggest carp ever, on prawns picked out of the left over curry from the previous nights supper.

I've tried various seafood, prawns, cockles, crabstick, without much succes, but I did once catch food poisoning from a king prawn chow mein.

crusty

Status
Not open for further replies.