Prawns.... How do you hook yours?

Silver fan 82

As per the title guys, when using prawns on the hook do you side hook them or hair rig?
Which method have you have best results with? Pros and cons?
Looking to try some for perch and possibly carp, whatever comes along really. I usually side hook them with OK ish results.

Silver fan 82

Either side hooked or sort of threaded onto the hook if that makes sense.
That's how I usually do it. Was wondering if hair rigging brings better results. I definitely think that hair rigging generally gets better results but not tried with prawns yet.

Stufish

I put mine on pellet banded hooks, seriously, you'd think it's not possible but the band compresses the soft meat and they stay on really well, try it you'll be surprised.

Silver fan 82

I put mine on pellet banded hooks, seriously, you'd think it's not possible but the band compresses the soft meat and they stay on really well, try it you'll be surprised.
I'll try this. Do you think that hair rigging improves bites / fish landed?

Rick123

Site Supporter
May give them a try on the Trent once we get some colour in it? There are a huge number of perch in some places. We only see the smaller ones now, but come a bit of colour??;);)

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Tried lasso... it just cut through the meat, as did the bands... went back to a big hook threaded through the body